Jordan Ayew

HeyAnty

31 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Ayew has ten times the ability on the ball as Weimann.

Maybe, but what has that gotten us? Don't care if he can dribble better than Weimann if the results are exactly the same. 

13 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

Ayew has ten times the ability on the ball as Weimann.

This is the difference. Ayew has a first touch and weimann & his 50p feet doesn't. Sometimes he can also hit a nice pass or a nice cross again something beyond the capabilites of Weimann and Ayew is a better finisher. Overall though Ayew is justa marginal upgrade and would just be a decent squad player in most premier league teams. We needed him to be the new Benteke.

Edited by villa89

• 2 weeks later...

I think he is one of the few players we have who are actually good enough for the premier league. Can't fault his effort either.

His main issue is that he is selfish, but i guess if you had the choice of trying to do it yourself or passing to bacuna or gestede, you would go with the first option

• Like 1

Just now, andym said:

I think he is one of the few players we have who are actually good enough for the premier league. Can't fault his effort either.

His main issue is that he is selfish, but i guess if you had the choice of trying to do it yourself or passing to bacuna or gestede, you would go with the first option

You're probably right, although at very best he's a bottom half caliber player. We really did sign utter, utter shite in the summer didn't we. 

Like I said in the match thread, he cannot show 100% quality when there is no one half decent or bothered for that matter to play off. He could go an play for Southampton and show his class. Costa would find it hard to look any good in this team.

The main problem is where exactly is he supposed to be playing .... The one time he was actually alongside Gestede he received a knock down and had a decent volley at goal but most of the time he's nowhere near the striker and when he had his little tantrum with the Chelsea player he was not far off the edge of our area if I recall ..... Gil is the same to a lesser degree  so it must be coming from the manger(s) .... If your going to gear up to a ball for rudy to flick on then we have to go 2 up top and make sure Ayew plays closer to him 

Edited by tonyh29
  • Like 2

Â