Jordan Ayew

HeyAnty

I like him, a lot. Think he's our best player by a long distance and can imagine he's extremely **** off playing with Ali Cissokho who can't pass the ball 5 yards to him. 

He will move on and be a success somewhere else i'm confident of that. 

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 1

I don't think he's that good, decent, with some talent, but lacking some crucial qualities to be a top player. 'Success' at a club is relative, I really do not think he's good enough to ever become a top player, but he's certainly capable of becoming a solid performer for a mid-table top flight team in a decent league. 

Edited by Dr_Pangloss
  • Like 1

I love how people keep selling our best players for us, they are under contract, and have a part to play in our appalling season. West Ham was a BIG POINT in our season, they should be forced to stay for at least one more season. They will be very useful in the championship. Gueye, Ayew, Vertout, Adama especially should be allowed to go nowhere.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I love how people keep selling our best players for us, they are under contract, and have a part to play in our appalling season. West Ham was a BIG POINT in our season, they should be forced to stay for at least one more season. They will be very useful in the championship. Gueye, Ayew, Vertout, Adama especially should be allowed to go nowhere.

Problem is, we're going to need to sell players in the Championship, and I highly doubt people are going to come in for Gabby, Lescott etc... So if any players are going to be sold, it will be the ones which have some talent. 

Edited by PieFacE

44 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Problem is, we're going to need to sell players in the Championship, and I highly doubt people are going to come in for Gabby, Lescott etc... So if any players are going to be sold, it will be the ones which have some talent. 

This is such an utterly depressing reality I think.

1 hour ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

I don't think he's that good, decent, with some talent, but lacking some crucial qualities to be a top player. 'Success' at a club is relative, I really do not think he's good enough to ever become a top player, but he's certainly capable of becoming a solid performer for a mid-table top flight team in a decent league. 

I guess being a "top player" is relative, too.  If you're suggesting he'll be alongside Messi, Aguero, Robben et al then I completely agree - he won't reach that level.

I could see him being a success at a good club, though.  Would love it if we could keep hold of him.

3 hours ago, Jay.P.A said:

Ayew will be our top scorer if he stays. He will be phenomenal in the championship, and will then get picked off by a Prem club in  January. 

Depends if he can be **** arsed again I suppose. If he continues as he has done, I can't see it.

this lad wanted to out do his brother, well the club have screwed that up for him so he must be p*ssed, would be nice to keep him but he will probably want out to better himself.

shame really.

5 hours ago, AndyBM said:

this lad wanted to out do his brother, well the club have screwed that up for him so he must be p*ssed, would be nice to keep him but he will probably want out to better himself.

shame really.

getting a stupid red card in a crucial time in the season is not the clubs fault :P

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

i reckon we can get 10m for him at least unlike Veretout and Gana 

No chance, he has done **** all to warrant that, we'll be lucky to get back what we paid for him IMO. He has added very little value to himself here.

• Like 1

Only scored 12 in 31 matches last season, so we were rightfully worried when we bought him for £8 million! He has scored 5 in 22 for us. Waste of money. I don't care that he has looked dangerous at times because very rarely anything came of it. Highly doubt we recoup anything close to the £8 million we paid. Might be able to get half that if a French club wants a mediocre goal scorer for more than he is worth.

Gestede actually has a better overall goals per game average. Ayew has 5 goals in 28 matches whereas Gestede has 5 in 26. 10 goals between them is atrocious. 

Edited by Czechlad
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, villa89 said:

The ghanian Andy Weimann. Runs around alot and puts in a lot of effort & misplaced anger but isn't good enough to play as an out an out striker and won't score enough goals. 

Pretty spot on. They both have similar goal scoring records as well. They are also the same age. Could you imagine spending 8 million for Weimann? 

He's pretty decent but Villa's build up is so slow that he never finds himself with time or space, so just like Sinclair he has the impossible task of having to dribble through a wall of two banks of four.

I believe that if the midfield unit weren't expected to protect our useless back-four who can't be trusted to defend on their own, then our attacking players would get more space and better opportunities. 

And we would see much better from Ayew, Veretout and Sinclair.

3 hours ago, Czechlad said:

Only scored 12 in 31 matches last season, so we were rightfully worried when we bought him for £8 million! He has scored 5 in 22 for us. Waste of money. I don't care that he has looked dangerous at times because very rarely anything came of it. Highly doubt we recoup anything close to the £8 million we paid. Might be able to get half that if a French club wants a mediocre goal scorer for more than he is worth.

Gestede actually has a better overall goals per game average. Ayew has 5 goals in 28 matches whereas Gestede has 5 in 26. 10 goals between them is atrocious. 

Yeah but when you add Gabbys 1 goal to it, it doesn't look quite as bad :(

Â