Jordan Ayew

HeyAnty

8 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

Like I said in the match thread, he cannot show 100% quality when there is no one half decent or bothered for that matter to play off. He could go an play for Southampton and show his class. Costa would find it hard to look any good in this team.

no chance he get in Southampton team though, Mane, Tadic and Long are all much better players than him and not as stupid

Really is rather pointless playing him in the wide position in the attacking 3 if Gestede is playing center.

Ayew will always move in towards the goal looking to finish on his own rather than look for the cross towards Gestede. If he does cross it's mostly low on the ground.

Much rather we tried him in the middle with Graelish, Adama or Gil on the flanks playing the ball on the ground rather try and hit the head of an immobile Gestede.

He's desperate to score and a bit egoistic, will certainly try and get to the end of any ball being passed into the goal area.

Will it work? Probably not, but I still rather we tried this than what we are doing now.

I have this belief Gestede and Ayew would be really strong in the Championship with Adama and Grealish supplying. Ayew has a bit about him as well as his poor attitude. 

It's a shame really we didn't try that a bit more in the premier league, at least against some of the bottom half clubs.

May not be in such dire straits now if we'd had a manager with a clue about how the squad might work together better.

12 hours ago, Czechlad said:

He is literally our Borini, but I honestly think Borini is a bit better. 

Im not having this, Borini is shite.

I think Ayew could go to a team like Everton/West Ham as a squad player and given the chance think he will find himself starting a decent amount of games. He's danced past some pretty good full backs this year and scored some worldy goals too. He makes a few bad decisions but look who he has to pass to? Gabby? Gestede? Kozak? or backwards to Gana/Westwood? Can't blame him.

• Like 2

His all round performances have often been a real stand out. Scored some great goals and ripped some defenders to shreds at time. I'm confident he wouldn't look out of place in any decent premier league team. 

Edited by myko

he hasn't really been playing as an out and out striker though. Also pretty much all of his goals he has had to create for himself, outside of Veretout (whose assists are mainly from set pieces) how many chances do our midfield create? 

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

5 goals in 24 and a poor enough scoring record in France wouldnt really encourage me that he is good enough Premier League

I think a few of our players would improve what they offer the team if we can sign better players around them.

I think Ayew would prove to be a better player than he's shown so far if he was given some decent service.

12 hours ago, Zatman said:

5 goals in 24 and a poor enough scoring record in France wouldnt really encourage me that he is good enough Premier League

Sadio Mane is apparently a much better player in a much better team...

...what's his goal scoring record this season please?

12 hours ago, myko said:

His all round performances have often been a real stand out. Scored some great goals and ripped some defenders to shreds at time. I'm confident he wouldn't look out of place in any decent premier league team. 

couldn't agree more. I hope we hold onto him, but he's one of the few players in our squad that I can see other clubs making a more for. He's not good enough to carry a team, like Benteke was, but he won't look out of place in a time like Southampton, Everton or Stoke.

If a bottom half PL team come for him he will be gone. When he hit that small patch of form I was really singing his praises probably because we are that bad that the smallest glimmer of positivity and I was all over it. 

If we can hang on to him then great but if not I wouldn't lose any sleep over it. Since his red card he has became non existent again.

Â