Jordan Ayew

HeyAnty

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

God if that wound him up he is abit of a p*ssy! 

Terrible from Ayew in my opinion. 

It is stupid. Nobody is disputing that but in a heated situation some people do react to that and others react to far less.

He wouldn't be the first person to do something daft like that. 

Silly sending off, which definately cost us last night. I guess he is feeling as frustrated as the rest of us, but that is no excuse. We need our players to be a lot more street smart, this kind of behaviour has been going on for a long time in the PL and throughout football in general, and is something we never seem to benefit from. We need to smarten up quickly, learn not to react and learn to turn this kind of thing to our benefit for once.

• Like 1

I can't defend his actions as it was stupid and ultimately very very costly. Jordan will know that. He was provoked and played by Cresswell. You can clearly see that 'pinch'. Problem is he maybe a marked man as someone who can be easily provoked after last night. He needs to learn the best way to hurt the opposition is to hit them where it hurts; in the back of the net. He is obviously frustrated and I have to say he doesn't react like that if he has just scored a penalty. To be honest if Cresswell was pinching me a few minutes after witnessing another consecutive penalty decision go against us I wouldn't of been best pleased. Although I am not a professional footballer and they get paid to channel their frustrations. I can forgive him. You can't defend something so stupid and I am just as angry and disappointing in him as the next person. However I can understanding why he lost his temper. Understanding and defending are too different things. Let's try and not get too Beckham '98 on him.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, sexbelowsound said:

It is stupid. Nobody is disputing that but in a heated situation some people do react to that and others react to far less.

He wouldn't be the first person to do something daft like that. 

Knowing our position it was beyond stupid. just makes absolute no sense too me. 

No one is that thick surely?

Just now, Demitri_C said:

Knowing our position it was beyond stupid. just makes absolute no sense too me. 

No one is that thick surely?

That's the point though, given a minute to think about it, I'm sure Ayew wouldn't have done what he did.

But in the heat of the moment you don't always act rationally. 

10 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

That's the point though, given a minute to think about it, I'm sure Ayew wouldn't have done what he did.

But in the heat of the moment you don't always act rationally. 

We need cooler heads to prevail, it's about decision making at the end of the day, we just don't have enough good decision makers on the pitch.

It was a stupid thing to do and he has let down his team mates.  However I don't think it is just a pinch on the shoulder he is reacting to.  He is playing in an awful team where has been one of the few people really trying to improve the situation.  He has seen the people in charge of the club throw in the towel and still ask him to keep on fighting.  He has seen yet another refereeing calamity from close up, piling up the feelings of resentment and frustration.  He looks pissed off at the world at the best of times, I think the overall feeling of frustration and apathy at the club is hitting him more than most.  Then he has some little prik pinching his neck and he swings for him.  I'm not condoning it at all, a pro should be able to suck all that up and use it as a motivation.  He has also condemned himself to having every defender in the league poking prodding and pinching at him for the foreseeable future.  I'm certainly not for chucking him under the bus for this one though, he needs to serve his time, then come back into the team.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, sexbelowsound said:

I think, whilst its inexcusable for a professional to do that, we also know that many of us ourselves would react that way. 

Completely disagree. I've played football for over 25 yrs, I've had a lot worse done to me than a few pinches, and I have never once threw an elbow back. It was a pathetic response from nothing.

• Like 1

He has apologised and we are not going down because of one result last night.  To be frank we dont know what the result would have been if he had stayed on the pitch anway.  Move on.  Doubt he'll be here next season anyway

Lost us the game and puts us at a great disadvantage for the next 3, at a pivotal time in the season.

I actually think that as the pressure builds towards the end of the season, the fact that we've been dismissed as down already by most will see us play with a bit more freedom and we'll pick up a few wins.  That sending off could easily be the difference between staying up and going down.

40 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Completely disagree. I've played football for over 25 yrs, I've had a lot worse done to me than a few pinches, and I have never once threw an elbow back. It was a pathetic response from nothing.

You are one person. Well done for being so restrained but you must accept that some people aren't the same.

Its not excusing him. Its fact.

1 minute ago, GREAT_BEARD_OF_ZEUS said:

Lost us the game and puts us at a great disadvantage for the next 3, at a pivotal time in the season.

I actually think that as the pressure builds towards the end of the season, the fact that we've been dismissed as down already by most will see us play with a bit more freedom and we'll pick up a few wins.  That sending off could easily be the difference between staying up and going down.

Not a chance on this earth of that.  We are down already.  The team in 17th place has 23 points,  I doubt we will even get that with or without Ayew

24 minutes ago, sexbelowsound said:

You are one person. Well done for being so restrained but you must accept that some people aren't the same.

Its not excusing him. Its fact.

I honestly think anyone that reacts in that manner is a moron.

• Like 1

Â