Jordan Ayew

HeyAnty

4 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

I think being only 24 his naivety kicked in not thinking ahead like the rest of the cheats in the PL do.

Huth has been doing it all season - apparently unnoticed & Costa as well.

But not encouraging what happened, the silly little boy should still have not reacted how he did.

So no money being provided for players, and obviously no one teaching the kids discipline either.

Does everything justify a pop at the management.

He has previous form for this, it is all down to him.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, YLN said:

Your exemplary discipline is probably what has made you into such a world class footballer

Just because I'm not a professional footballer doesn't excuse Ayew. He isn't some little kid thrown into a game, he's 24. Old enough to know better. It was a stupid move and he shouldn't have acted that way, many top professionals wouldn't have.

• Like 3

Blimey !

Only just found the energy to tune back in after the other night, and find Ayew is now auditioning for the lead in the next Frankenstein movie, with us as the Villagers with burning torches !

He did a stupid thing in the heat of the moment under what, I imagine, are pretty stressful working conditions. He is not by a loooong way, the first that applies to.

He rightly got sent off, fans have said he's a twerp, and that's it. IMO the rest is a bit OTT. Particularly given his efforts so far this year.  Must be remembered he moved more decisively in that one elbow movement than Richardson has done all year.  But some even saying he cost us our placew in the League.

Come on !?

• On ‎19‎/‎12‎/‎2015 at 21:32, chappy said:

At a wedding so not seen the game but brought him into my fantasy team today and he got the 3 bonus points emoji173.png

Would it have been magnified if we had won? If we were mid table?

He's not the first 24 year old to react and he won't be the last. Even David Beckham was guilty of similar stupidness.

For me, Jordan Ayew has been one of the few glimpses of light this season-I'm prepared to cut him some slack

15 hours ago, Straggler said:

It was a stupid thing to do and he has let down his team mates.  However I don't think it is just a pinch on the shoulder he is reacting to.  He is playing in an awful team where has been one of the few people really trying to improve the situation.  He has seen the people in charge of the club throw in the towel and still ask him to keep on fighting.  He has seen yet another refereeing calamity from close up, piling up the feelings of resentment and frustration.  He looks pissed off at the world at the best of times, I think the overall feeling of frustration and apathy at the club is hitting him more than most.  Then he has some little prik pinching his neck and he swings for him.  I'm not condoning it at all, a pro should be able to suck all that up and use it as a motivation.  He has also condemned himself to having every defender in the league poking prodding and pinching at him for the foreseeable future.  I'm certainly not for chucking him under the bus for this one though, he needs to serve his time, then come back into the team.

This! He obviously cares and after month after frustrating month he's just snapped over something stupid. Not thinking about the red IMO, just wanted to lash out and Cresswell was there. Stupid, but he's apologised let's move on. It's not like he headbutted someone in the final of the World Cup because they called his sister a ho. 

Â