Jordan Amavi

Villaphan04

It's obvious player isn't convinced of the transfer. Been that way since day 1 as Nice have been pretty happy to agree transfer fees so it's not the club being difficult.

That said reports from France have been more favourable in last few days so seems there's some progress and I'd be surprised if he's not been signed by this time next week.

• Like 1

We just need to get him one on one in a room with Tim. The sooner they get back from Portugal the better.

I'm not sure the pulp fiction way is the right way though.

Just to clarify, Tim is Zed right?  Oh..my... well, I guess Benteke is a sensitive soul. :D

As for Amavi... One Mr Delph (or Dr Delph if you believe the latest Guardian piece) cocks a look at a lot of money at a bigger side and decides he doesn't fancy it and is proclaimed a principled individual, whereas this Amavi chap appears to be doing something relatively similar and people don't like it.  I'm itchy too, but I'd much rather have a player totally convinced and committed.

• Like 1

We just need to get him one on one in a room with Tim. The sooner they get back from Portugal the better.

Just to clarify, Tim is Zed right? Oh..my... well, I guess Benteke is a sensitive soul. :D

As for Amavi... One Mr Delph (or Dr Delph if you believe the latest Guardian piece) cocks a look at a lot of money at a bigger side and decides he doesn't fancy it and is proclaimed a principled individual, whereas this Amavi chap appears to be doing something relatively similar and people don't like it. I'm itchy too, but I'd much rather have a player totally convinced and committed.

Beggars can't be choosers shomin. You of all people know this.

• Like 1

Just to clarify, Tim is Zed right? Oh..my... well, I guess Benteke is a sensitive soul. :D

As for Amavi... One Mr Delph (or Dr Delph if you believe the latest Guardian piece) cocks a look at a lot of money at a bigger side and decides he doesn't fancy it and is proclaimed a principled individual, whereas this Amavi chap appears to be doing something relatively similar and people don't like it. I'm itchy too, but I'd much rather have a player totally convinced and committed.

Zed's dead, baby!

I think that Tim might be Butch and Paddy would be Marsellus Wallace, and Amavi is Zed. (His agent might be the gimp trying to screw us)

And then they go medieval on him.

Actually won't be much worse then Luna after he gets that treatment!

It's like a good looking foreigner from a third world country desperate to come to UK. Do you marry a pig to get that passport and then do one after a few years or do you wait for someone a little more attractive so the journey is not so hard.

Have to ask Daz

The longer this ones gone the less excited I am about his signing. Clearly an excellent prospect, not a bad thing he's a player setting himself a high standard. But we all know now that if/when he signs 1-3 season he'll be gone.

I'm not against a model of buying high potential players & selling them on for a huge profit. You end up hopefully in a position where you eventually keep them & build a good squad. But seeing this one drag on for so long is annoying.

Worked well for Southampton.

There are clubs with money, and clubs who sell to the clubs with money. It's obvious which we are.

We have enough capital to buy decent players (6-15m) and then sell them for 25-30m and buy a handful more 6-15m players.

Edited by Qwpzxjor1

Yeah something isn't quite right with this one. Shouldn't be taking this long. 

Was it not reported in the French press that he was arriving in the UK today or tomorrow for a medical? Nobody heard anything about Schderlein's medical at Man Utd. and then boom he's announced as being signed. I expect this to be announced next Monday or Tuesday.

• Like 1

Seeng as a couple of days ago the rumour was he was having a medical either today or tomorrow what's all the fuss about? I know are transfer links seem a it Football Manager this year but unlike FM this don't happen at the click of a button. If by Monday nothing has happened I'd then worry.

If this goes through I wonder if there will be a release clause built into the contract and for how much?  Just imaging the future if he has one or two good years and the media decide to move him to a BIG club.  “Liverpool ready to bid £XXm to snare Jordan Amavi from Villa”

Â