Jordan Amavi

Villaphan04

Has anyone seen him play ? What is his strength and weaknesses ?

Few clips I seen , he likes a tackle , dose not just look to run the wings but will run centrally with ball also and take a man on

Edited by pete101

His biggest strength is that he is not Bennett, Richardson or Cissokho.

or Warnock, Luna, Stevens or Shorey

Few clips I seen , he likes a tackle , dose not just look to run the wings but will run centrally with ball also and take a man on

Great turn of pace as well....seems to ghost past people very easily when attacking...

Exciting signing, happy with this one.

I imagine that's our defence sorted at least until January then...

Bacuna                             Richards         Clark                     Amavi

Hutton                               Okore               Baker                   Richardson

so 8 people for 4 positions which is what is required. And yes before people start I know half of them aren't that good but in terms of numbers we are fine especially as we still have Bennett, Cissokho and Senderos at the club although suprised if any of them are still here on September 1st.

Exciting signing, happy with this one.

I imagine that's our defence sorted at least until January then...

Bacuna Richards Clark Amavi

Hutton Okore Baker Richardson

so 8 people for 4 positions which is what is required. And yes before people start I know half of them aren't that good but in terms of numbers we are fine especially as we still have Bennett, Cissokho and Senderos at the club although suprised if any of them are still here on September 1st.

Is it official then?

Oh boy, why did I watch that video?  This guy looks a machine.

Marauding doesn't even cover it.  In fact, look up 'marauding' in the dictionary and you'll get a picture of Amavi which you'll admire for a second before OOF! an elegantly brutal leg comes out and knocks you to the floor.  No dictionary for you today.

What seems most impressive is his composure.  One moment he's cool, almost dawdling and suddenly, BAM, he's a mad snake on an oily field.  One moment he's watching an attacker cautiously and then suddenly he's scissoring with military precision.  And then he gets up and smiles.  He goes again. ;)

I don't make this easy on myself.

Actually he sorta reminds me of Southampton-era Bertrand.  Strong, driven, little bit silky.  Amavi seems more aggressive, more skillful, Jamie Foxx to Bertrand's Colin Farrell (Miami Vice reference!).  I want one.

Â