Idrissa Gana Gueye

BowenAVFC

33 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

idrissa-gueye-everton-premier-league_378

101 out of 106 passes completed. Jesus, that's Xavi-esque. Who knew he had that in his locker? Gutted as he would have been invaluable to us if we came back up.

It was pretty obvious to me last season that he was a good passer, and intelligent with his passes too. Really pleased for him tbh.

Shuts up people who assumed all of our players were terrible last season as well. It was not necessarily a lack of ability with a few players.

On 8/24/2016 at 10:51, Demitri_C said:

We thought he was good after 3-4 games as well, he is average player. 7m is a good deal for both parties. 25m  :crylaugh:

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Shows what happens when you put him next to a decent cm. I honestly still cannot believe that bumbling moron fox agreed to not only that clause but no sell on fee if we sold him

1 page different lol

Good deal that clause was though...

Edited by gharperr
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Tom13 said:

Shuts up people who assumed all of our players were terrible last season as well. It was not necessarily a lack of ability with a few players.

More a succession of poor managers maybe?

In Di Mateo and Clarke the Villa have the best set up managerial wise since O'Neil and if given time I would expect that partnership with the owner's wealth and exuberance to see Villa back in the top half of the Premiership next season or certainly the season beyond that.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, striker said:

More a succession of poor managers maybe?

In Di Mateo and Clarke the Villa have the best set up managerial wise since O'Neil and if given time I would expect that partnership with the owner's wealth and exuberance to see Villa back in the top half of the Premiership next season or certainly the season beyond that.

Poor managers whose hands were tied by the owner (Sherwood aside, he actually got to spend a fair bit). I'm sure if Lambert or Garde managed under Dr. Xia, things wouldn't have been as bad.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tom13 said:

It was not necessarily a lack of ability with a few players.

Not just that no, there was Tim Sherwood as well, but this was a huge part of the carnage for me.

Micah Richards & Ciaran Clarke as CBs and I think a any side would be in a relegation battle.

37 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Not just that no, there was Tim Sherwood as well, but this was a huge part of the carnage for me.

Micah Richards & Ciaran Clarke as CBs and I think a any side would be in a relegation battle.

I did say 'a few players'. Some fans wrote off pretty much our whole squad as bad players last season.

56 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

He didn't play this well for us and he didn't want to be here. Both things make him someone who should be quickly forgotten by us. 

On the contrary, from the report on the first page of this thread, he turned down Southampton, Crystal Palace and West Ham to join us, so he certainly wanted to be here. I can't blame him if he didn't want to stay at the time he left.

Didn't play well for us? He was certainly my player of the season (with the possible exception of Ayew).

So when it comes to players that should be quickly forgotten, the names N'Zogbia, Richardson and Tonev spring to mind. Lumping Gana in with them seems harsh.

• Like 1

in fairness Everton really havent played anybody yet to justify whether he has improved yet except a below par Spurs and a dreadful Stoke, Sunderland and West Brom team makes him still a doubt

though probably helps playing next to Barry instead of other clowns in that Villa midfield

1 hour ago, sonic_bouma said:

He was incredible today. In Danger of being another kante this year! 

Maybe our scouts wernt that bad after all ;)

To be fair, he went toe-to-toe with Kante's stats last season. Just a shame he was surrounded by utter shite. Actually think he would have been the ideal replacement for Kante at Leicester.

Â