Idrissa Gana Gueye

BowenAVFC

3 hours ago, villa4europe said:

the mention of busquets is a good one, the number of times i've seen some lad or bible social media account say name a better midfield than xavi iniesta busquets and hundreds of replies of "busquets robs a living nowhere near as good as the other 2"

simply wrong, he is hugely important to barca and they are struggling to phase him out and eventually replace him, gets nowhere near the credit he deserves, makelele and now kante somehow do

Busquets is one of my favourite midfielders ever.

He's a horrible prick, but he is a brilliant footballer.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Everton want 40mfor him. Sorry not for me. No wayis he worth that. 

Yeah 40m is absurd.

But if a club like PSG are asking then it's no surprise they get quoted a ridiculous price.

11 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Everton want 40mfor him. Sorry not for me. No wayis he worth that. 

Where did you get this figure from?

PSG bidded £21m Everton responded saying not for sale.

I would say if they went straight in with £28/29m this would have got Everton's attention.

Everton are now faced with the task of keeping an unhappy footballer on their hands.

7 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

I would say if they went straight in with £28/29m this would have got Everton's attention.

Everton are now faced with the task of keeping an unhappy footballer on their hands.

I read it on sky sports but I guess they will accept 30mfor me that's great business for Everton. He is 29.

Handedin a tranfser request so looks like he is off. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I read it on sky sports but I guess they will accept 30mfor me that's great business for Everton. He is 29.

Handedin a tranfser request so looks like he is off. 

£40m is crack head prices.

Even at £20m+ I would snap PSG's hands off - and as a down payment, then add in a little £5m more add on after he plays 20 games or something?

I actually quite liked him when he played for us, as said before earlier in this thread when we got relegated he was comfortably our best player and actually put in the effort that was clearly lacking elsewhere throughout the squad that season.

If we can find a championship lite version of him we would be much better for it in my opinion. It's finding them that is the tricky part.

• Like 1

On 29/01/2019 at 02:22, Stevo985 said:

Yeah 40m is absurd.

But if a club like PSG are asking then it's no surprise they get quoted a ridiculous price.

I don't know. 40 million isn't all that much today. Fernandinho has been vital for City and Brazil and he went for 34million back in 2013.

Gana has impeccable awareness and timing when defending. Some of the best I've seen.

He makes it look so simple and effortless when anticipating the movement of his opponent. He's hard to fool. Get too close and the ball is his.

If he had the ability on the ball like a Matthaus or an Alonso he'd be absolutely world class. He doesn't though.

Decent feet and an adequate passing ability for his position is never going to get the crowd jumping but his defensive efforts are elite.

• 6 months later...
On 29/01/2019 at 00:27, AvfcRigo82 said:

Went for £29m today, Wonder if we has any sell on %? 

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, Kingman said:

Not after Tony sold them all. We wouldn't have had one anyway as he was a release clause buy.

Class player, thought he was when he was here and I still do now.

1 hour ago, Kingman said:

Would be a nice few coffers if so.

Would We would get the money (if there was any pence to be had) as I believe NasWes have wiped out Tony and the club's debt?

I know we cashed in on others etc cause of the mess we where in, but not sure with Idrissa etc.

Not sure if we even had a sell on as he went on a release clause rather than just us selling him. Once Everton triggered that it was probably just a case of negotiating with him and deal done.

Interesting what Everton do now, if they just play Delph at DM their structure will be much weaker.

Â