Idrissa Gana Gueye

BowenAVFC

He's very limited, will probably do OK if deployed correctly. Didn't do much for us, he was distinctly average to poor in the vast majority of games he played for us. His attitude was always questionable as well, with his stepping stone comments on arrival. So all I can say is good riddance. 

• Like 3

I'm only interested what players do for us.

based on last season....I'm not fretting.

what he does at Everton is not my concern.

I was not convinced in Benteke tearing it up at Liverpool and I'm not convinced with this one either.

RDM has to build a team

all these players we are moving on didn't blend for us.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

On 03/08/2016 at 22:31, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I agree. I don't think they should be in the same conversation.

McCann was a proven, decent premier league footballer. Played his part in a side that pushed for a champions league spot under O'Leary and was generally solid for us. 

I would hazard a guess that if statistics were as readily available back then as they are now they'd show to be similarly adept at breaking up play. McCann though was also consistent, he was a leader. A pro who left it all on the pitch. Intangibles that I just don't see in Gana.

It was his limitations technically, such as those Gana has, that eventually turned some Villa fans against him and then the new world order stepped in. However I always liked him and respected him.

McCann over Gana, every day of the week. 

I think the stats about Gueye and Sanchez breaking up play for us are misleading.  We were so poor at retaining the ball that apposition players were constantly running at us. They had probably 10 times more opportunities to break up play than an enforcer in a "normal" midfield functioning properly.  I dont think either are actually that good at it,  they just made a lot of desperate tackles but probably missed far more as well. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Artetasgirl said:

One friendly and one competitive game in. Very, very impressed.

Yup, personally I think you have yourself an absolute bargain. Surprised you were seemingly the only club interested. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, PieFacE said:

Everton fans are absolutely loving him. Many saying he should have been worth £25m in todays market. So frustrating we only got £7 for him. 

We thought he was good after 3-4 games as well, he is average player. 7m is a good deal for both parties. 25m  :crylaugh:

Edited by Demitri_C
  • Like 1

On 28/08/2016 at 09:29, rodders0223 said:

Sorry to say his agent is already on the blower to Arsenal or Chelsea ;)

:D Everton is just a stepping stone for him

On 28/08/2016 at 09:14, Dr_Pangloss said:

He started very well for us and he completely fell away. Don't expect him to keep this form up for the rest of the season. 

It might help though having a football manager to develop him through those first few months at a club rather than a man child on work experience.

• Like 2

Â