Idrissa Gana Gueye

BowenAVFC

1 minute ago, villa89 said:

The mistake you made there was you watched the game rather than just looking at the stats for the game on the Internet. The stats for pass completion percentage, interceptions and of course the all important heat maps will show that he was actually brilliant.  i hope you learned your lesson, you can't judge a player by watching him play anymore. 

The mistake he made was that Gana was suspended and not playing.

Unfortunate timing to make a sarcastic remark about stats in football there.

2 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Unfortunate timing to make a sarcastic remark about stats in football there.

Indeed, it's corrected now.

Football stats are a load of BS btw...

Edited by villa89

• 2 weeks later...

He's one of those players who looks good in a team playing confidently (started last season pretty well for us) but once the team loses form he isn't one who can step up and drag a team out of its malaise.

On the whole a good value signing for Everton but he's no N'Golo Kante.

• Like 2

Wow!

That two footed horror challenge from Marco Rojo on Gana was one of the worst I've seen in ages.

Lucky not to be broken in half. Had it hit properly it would have been the end of his career.

Ref only giving a yellow is a joke, surely Rojo will get a massive ban for this?

sadadsad.jpg

Edited by sne
  • Like 1

Just now, OutByEaster? said:

Ref saw it and booked him so there will be no retrospective ban - but it's a far worse tackle than the one yesterday by Aguero.

Then I hope the ref is suspended indefinitely 

2 hours ago, Morley_crosses_to_Withe said:

I'd try to buy him back when we're in the PL again (if the Doctor's buying power and plans are as huge as suggested).

Though we've only got his twitter and a few interviews to go by, i get the impression that the Dr would not go cap in hand to some bloke that jumped ship 12 months (hopefully) earlier.

7 hours ago, Zatman said:

so he wasnt that great after all. not a surprise. average player and that is being kind

No, they're all talking about him as player of the season so far and he was their MOTM as recently as when they played United. He didn't seem to play that well yesterday, but let's not all pretend he's been awful for Everton. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Morley_crosses_to_Withe said:

No, they're all talking about him as player of the season so far and he was their MOTM as recently as when they played United. He didn't seem to play that well yesterday, but let's not all pretend he's been awful for Everton. 

He was awful the game before the united game as well.

Â