Idrissa Gana Gueye

BowenAVFC

4 hours ago, ThunderPower_14 said:

Killing it. I'm choosing to see this as a sign that we do have some talent in the squad, it just needs to be confident and playing a good style.

We've definitely had the talent in the team, which is why so many of last summer's signings have left to play in top divisions round Europe.  We just **** it up completely.

• Like 2

1 good game and suddenly he's Lionel Messi  ?

Yeah  , he looked good at times for Villa but other times he looked bloody awful ... he probably rivalled Sanchez in assist for the opposition  last season with the mistakes he made on the edge of our box .

He may go on to be the best player Everton have ever bought ( What happened to the £150m plus proceeds of sales transfer kitty BTW ) , but only time will tell on this 

it was the win over Boro that suddenly appears to have elevated him to world class status according to Sky , which is to what I was referring  ...

but a season is still played over 38 games , probably best to judge him on that

9 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

it was the win over Boro that suddenly appears to have elevated him to world class status according to Sky , which is to what I was referring  ...

but a season is still played over 38 games , probably best to judge him on that

Based on this thread, people have had him as man of the match in every game he's played for Everton.

So the best player this season for the team currently second in the league? It's not really surprising that more people are suddenly talking about him.

15 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

We've definitely had the talent in the team, which is why so many of last summer's signings have left to play in top divisions round Europe.  We just **** it up completely.

really? Greece, France, Scotland arent what I would call top divisions in Europe neither is Middlesbrough bench a glamour spot

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

"Most influential in the premier league" list - no surprise here:

7. Idrissa Gueye

Villa’s demotion was Everton’s gain, and the midfielder has impressed as the Toffees played the role of early season surprise packet. In Ronald Koeman’s engine room, he was making 4.5 tackles per game, with the ability to complete runs (12 dribbles) and create, at a chance a game. In Europe’s top five leagues, only four players have made more tackles.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/football/premier-league/who-are-the-premier-leagues-most-influential-players-as-the-competition-returns-from-break/news-story/ec2dba1c4249f4514c33d99205a9e7bf

Its no surprise he is doing well, and I am usually sceptical of any player being " just shit". It takes a lot of work and talent to get where they are. If it was just a matter of them walking up to a football club and saying " Hi. I want to be a footballer." and then being told "  You're hired. Here's 20k a week.", then everybody would be doing it. The difference is Koeman is an excellent manager, and knows how to push the right buttons. For Villa last season, there were too many buttons along with Gueyes that needed pushing to make the lights come on, but our management was so bad, the control  panel had faulty wiring. Him, along with others, didn't have a bloody chance.

2 hours ago, Mat Kendrick's Dentist said:

Granted, he didn't make an impact.........but then, that might have been because he was suspended and not on the pitch ;).

Was he who was playing in cm? I'm sure I thought it was gueye whoever it was he was bloody shite!

On 11/17/2016 at 13:14, Demitri_C said:

The mistake I made was watching him play rather than just looking at the stats for the games on the Internet. The stats for pass completion percentage, interceptions and of course the all important heat maps will show that he was actually brilliant.  i learned my lesson though, you can't judge a player by watching him play anymore.

Edited by villa89

Â