Idrissa Gana Gueye

BowenAVFC

4 hours ago, kurtsimonw said:

He's just irrelevant whenever I see them. If Everton are playing well, he won't make mistakes to ruin that. If Everton aren't playing well, he won't do anything of note to turn things around.

I'd say the same but add statistically managing to stay really impressive 

the nonsensical way of explaining it would be the bloke who manages to do so much without actually doing anything 

2 hours ago, AVFCDAN said:

Amazing how many players leave our club and then improve, on the flip side when did we last sign someone who wasn't wanted by their club but they turned out good for us?

Just doesn't happen.

I don't think he's necessarily improved (apart from being with better players).  He was doing the same work for us last season - but, of course, got pelters from some of our fans.  Bizarre.

• Like 1

so how does getting MoTM against united and arsenal in space of 10 days + fans saying hes been MoTM 12 of the 16 games, fit into the narrative (had to use the word) of  "he only plays well at start of season and then hes back to being anonymous, and only plays well when team is winning"

Because united + arsenal happened in december, and theyve only won 6 games? So wheres the other 6 MoTM performences coming from?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, gharperr said:

so how does getting MoTM against united and arsenal in space of 10 days + fans saying hes been MoTM 12 of the 16 games, fit into the narrative (had to use the word) of  "he only plays well at start of season and then hes back to being anonymous, and only plays well when team is winning"

Because united + arsenal happened in december, and theyve only won 6 games? So wheres the other 6 MoTM performences coming from?

I watched him play last season and he was crap. he could win 30 man of match this season and wont change my opinion

On 15/12/2016 at 15:45, gharperr said:

I watched about 60 minutes of Everton-Watford last Saturday and Watford were just running through the everton middle so Gana certainly wasn't MOTM in that one.

I don't even think Gana is that bad a player. For his role he does a good job and stats back it up....I just said when a team goes on a losing run (as we did dismally) and Everton have done recently he's not one of those that will lift a club up in a way say Milner could for us.

Anyway back to a claim I made a few days back....Seamus Coleman has been Everton's best player this season. I've always rated him and he's stepped it up big time for club and country in the last year. If any Everton player should be playing for a top 4 club it's him imo.

So you want a defensive midfielder to "lift the club"?? That just doesnt happen as most DM do scrappy work which fans dont realise.

coleman has always been ace...But i struggle to see how hes everton best player when majority of everton fans are saying gana has been amazing...but you seen some (im guessing here) limited games of everton this season. I feel like we should go with everton fans opinion who watch every game.

but i feel like you said before (maybe joking...but i heard a few people say it in person) how gana is no kante. As if that is the minimum a defensive player has to perform to and if he doesnt..hes just average and not performing. Hes still very very very good even if he doesnt perform to the best current #1 DM in england.

Edited by gharperr

Â