Idrissa Gana Gueye

BowenAVFC

22 hours ago, DCJonah said:

But you could say that for everyone in the world. Zlatan doesn't want to help man u win the title because if Madrid offered him a million pound a week he'd go there. 

This is exactly my point

pretty good signing iyam. think he'll just instantly improve at everton. Especially with proper pre-season now in this country and proper integration + tactics (lolsherwood)

dont fully understand why people are happy with losing a player who appears to be prem quality. Were pretty much losing the only midfielder we got whos got pace/acceleration to cover ground and who appear can tackle/intercept. Never seen this tshibola play, but the liklihood that he would be an upgrade (or on par) is going to be real real real slim. (or signing anyone else)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, gharperr said:

pretty good signing iyam. think he'll just instantly improve at everton. Especially with proper pre-season now in this country and proper integration + tactics (lolsherwood)

his better games for Villa were actually under Sherwood

11 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Give it a couple of months before we see cries of "he never played like this for us!"

A clearly talented player. He'll do well for Everton.

Doesn't matter if he does. Didn't do well for us and didn't want to be here. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, OLDVILLAIN said:

gueye and clark gone..pity we cant sell gabby,lescott and richards...xia should just put them on a container ship straight to the chinese superleague..

I would have thought that the old slow boat to China would be the best exit route for Lescott & Gabby

Disappointed to see him go. It's impossible to judge how good he is given the car crash of a midfield we had last season. My guess is he will do well at Everton.

6 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

I thought everton had "100m" to spend? i seriously thought everton would be targeting better players than gueye. would have expected someone like Bournemouth or Swansea to come into him not everton

Just cos we have money doesn't mean we should just go and wildly spend it. Still have to be sensible with FFP and seems it is Steve Walsh's first involvement. 

8 hours ago, Artetasgirl said:

Just cos we have money doesn't mean we should just go and wildly spend it. Still have to be sensible with FFP and seems it is Steve Walsh's first involvement. 

Then he's going down in my estimation already if Guye is the best he comes up with for the first signing. 

20 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Then he's going down in my estimation already if Guye is the best he comes up with for the first signing. 

Really? Absolute no brainer at the money they paid for him. 

In a team capable of playing football, Gana will do really well. I can imagine in 6 months time there will be fans of plenty of other clubs wondering why they didn't make a move for Gana with a release clause of £7m.

Yeah he was shite for us, but so was everybody, doesn't mean they are all terrible footballers. 

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Really? Absolute no brainer at the money tey paid for him. 

In a team capable of playing football, Gana will do really well. I can imagine in 6 months time there will be fans of plenty of other clubs wondering why they didn't make a move for Gana with a release clause of £7m.

Yeah he was shite for us, but so was everybody, doesn't mean they are all terrible footballers. 

I'd be surprised if there were plenty of clubs wondering that. I think he will do ok. Can't see him being a key member of their starting 11. 

It doesn't mean he's terrible but it did show plenty of flaws to his game which make him very average. 

13 hours ago, Artetasgirl said:

Not saying to wildly spend it, but I really thought Everton would be looking at better players than Gueye. if you want to be challenging top 6, players like gueye wont get you there. 

Before last season some might have said that players like Kante wouldn't get Leicester to the Championship or anywhere near. I think Everton are hoping Gueye has a similar impact for them. They (Everton) are also being linked with Witsel in midfield, so they're not just going to stop at Idrissa, there will be other signings.

• Like 1

Â