Idrissa Gana Gueye

BowenAVFC

I'm fairly happy with this deal, I think we've got a good price for a fairly average player. Too often matches would just pass him by, he has ability to dictate  matches but it never really materialised in a villa shirt. I was very excited when we signed him last Summer, oh well :(

Yeah when you think about it we SHOULD be losing a ton of money on him. He was a regular starter in one of the worst premier league midfields in the history of the league.  £7m+ should be easily enough on its own to get in a player good enough to do the job we need and Dr X might add to it as well to get in someone potentially better. 

Gana?  Well he had better be A LOT better next year or he will be a forgotten man at Everton before slinking back to France trying to find a small French team to use as a stepping stone to get into a bigger French club. 

Whilst statistically being the second best player bar Kante in what he does we got £7million for a player in a position that we are over subscribed. I still think if played correctly Sanchez could be huge for us in breaking play this season. Westwood and Tshibola seem pretty similar ilk. 

We desperately need a box to box midfielder more attacking minded and £7Million should get us someone more than capable. 

3 hours ago, BOF said:

That's the Mail speculating.  Release clauses don't work like that.

Maybe what RDM is suggesting is that if other clubs make bids then could delay things. His release clause ends at the end of July so come 1st August no release clause? Therefore if Villa say bid more gets it done quicker? 

Purely speculative of course but makes sense of the comments from RDM.

Either way he doesn't want to be here. Rather he did stay as clearly had something about him, even if it was in one of the worse midfields for the club but if he's not commit lets get this done ASAP and get someone in who wants to play for Villa. 

will go down in future with midfield players like Berson, Djemba Djemba that will be footnotes in Villa history. offered nothing when here except a bit of energy and after 1st few games he conned us

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Spoony said:

Couldn't care less. He barely wanted to be here in the first place.

BYE!

Same. I think he said early on we'd be a stepping stone. I can understanding players having ambition but even if that were true, saying it so soon after signing is indicative of his character.

Good riddance to players who don't want to be here. Now fill his spot with someone who feels lucky to pull on our shirt every week, please. Also a bit of quality wouldn't go amiss.

2 minutes ago, Ginko said:

Same. I think he said early on we'd be a stepping stone. I can understanding players having ambition but even if that were true, saying it so soon after signing is indicative of his character.

Can't be that ambitious if he's joining Everton 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Can't be that ambitious if he's joining Everton 

Eh, new manager with a good recent track record, supposed injection of cash into the club, playing in the PL... I can see why they're a more attractive proposition than we are right now.

2 minutes ago, Ginko said:

Eh, new manager with a good recent track record, supposed injection of cash into the club, playing in the PL... I can see why they're a more attractive proposition than we are right now.

It's interesting that Paddy Riley got hammered for our signings and Leicester and Southampton lauded for theirs, but Steve Walsh and Ronald Koeman's first signing together is Gana.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Woodytom said:

Some bitterness on here imo. Was one of our better players last season by some distance.

I'm I particularly bothered? Not really.... I kind of want to forget all about last season but let's not kid ourselves that his exit hasn't made us weaker.

Well I for one am bitter. Had high hopes for him but has been an ineffectual waste of money for the most part, questionable attitude and jumps ship when it goes t*ts up. I still believe there's a half decent player in there and Everton may well get to see that. That's why I'm bitter.

2 hours ago, Ginko said:

Ah my bad I took ambition to be winning something not just getting a pay rise 

Unless it's his double, I've just seen him outside Villa Park, all smiles, chatting to fans, signing autographs etc.

Would him being here for the boro friendly not be a bit strange if he was off to Everton, or would it be the norm anyway?

Edited by Shropshire Lad

2 hours ago, Woodytom said:

Some bitterness on here imo. Was one of our better players last season by some distance.

I'm I particularly bothered? Not really.... I kind of want to forget all about last season but let's not kid ourselves that his exit hasn't made us weaker.

Well. When he signed he was talking about using us as a stepping stone to Champions League football. He then had a pretty poor season last season. Now he's off. 

So I don't really imagine many will be keen to give him a nice send off.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Shropshire Lad said:

Unless it's his double, I've just seen him outside Villa Park, all smiles, chatting to fans, signing autographs etc.

Would him being here for the boro friendly not be a bit strange if he was off to Everton, or would it be the norm anyway?

2A9FAB7A00000578-3165358-image-a-17_1437

Kinda like this you mean?

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 3

Â