Idrissa Gana Gueye

BowenAVFC

26 minutes ago, tom_avfc said:

Why would there ever be a bidding war? If a club offers £7.1m then their offer can't be rejected. It is then down to the teams who meet this clause to discuss wages etc. with Gana and he will choose whichever suits him best. No club is going to offer any higher - what would be the point?

Precisely, and even if someone mental did offer say £12m, we still have to accept ALL bids that trigger the clause, leaving it up to Gana regardless.  So yeah, there may be multiple bids, but they'll all be £7.1m or whatever the clause happens to be in reality.

Just now, sne said:

Poor Dr X what a horrible way to find out how modern football works.

He does seem to be continuing his footballing education apace doesn't he :lol: Well Tony, that is a lesson learned, although good luck preventing agents from doing it to you too !

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Barney_avfc said:

Another Judas? 

Delph now Gueye?

Hopefully - otherwise could be Grealish? Gardner? Gestede? Green? Gollini?

Suspect isn't Guzan as we wanted rid.

13 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

We'll never be told who they are though, unless either they, their agents, or the club come out and tell us.

There may be players told their future lies elsewhere who are still here next summer.  That's the thing with football.  Funny old game.

I think given his latest tweet it points to gana not being one of the three

• Like 1

Only way around this situation is for Dr Tony to renegotiate contracts with the players we want to keep, removing or increasing the buy out clauses. Obviously it can't work both ways, and the player will want to be paid more. It is a case of how much we want to keep those players I guess. It will be a good indicator of who truely means they will stay and fight for promotion though.

8 minutes ago, Pez1974 said:

Delph now Gueye?

Hopefully - otherwise could be Grealish? Gardner? Gestede? Green? Gollini?

Suspect isn't Guzan as we wanted rid.

Yep that's how I read it.  He's showing that he feels our pain as fans being 'betrayed' (although that's a bit strong in this case), and that he has an awareness of what has gone on before (Delph).

As this seems to have come as a surprise to the very reticent Dr. X, and given that it has happened due to the triggering of a clause i.e. it's an unwelcome sale, I'm not sure it can be included in the group who will; and I quote; "be informed next week to farewell the old days".

So to sum up his year here. 

Signed and early on mentions how this is a stepping stone to bigger things.

As a regular player has no impact on the team 

Agrees to stay.

Changes his mind 2 weeks before the season starts. .

Is it any wonder we're a mess with words removed like this in the team? While I don't rate him give me Westwood over this guy any day. And now he's back Gary Gardner. We need to start thinking more about character when signing players and not just ability. The signings this summer make me think we are taking this more into consideration. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, tom_avfc said:

Why would there ever be a bidding war? If a club offers £7.1m then their offer can't be rejected. It is then down to the teams who meet this clause to discuss wages etc. with Gana and he will choose whichever suits him best. No club is going to offer any higher - what would be the point?

Fine. 

If you let the club know this, you can save them a lot of wasted time. ;)

A move is not expected to be completed until the end of the weekend as Villa are still hoping for higher offers.

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/what-roberto-di-matteo-say-11681136

6 minutes ago, BOF said:

That's the Mail speculating.  Release clauses don't work like that.

It's an article based on an interview with some random chap called Di Matteo but I doubt whether he knows much about Villa's transfer business. ;)

Just now, briny_ear said:

It's an article based on an interview with some random chap called Di Matteo but I doubt whether he knows much about Villa's transfer business. ;)

The article is based on an interview with Di Matteo. The part you quoted is not a quote from Di Matteo and is written by a reporter who clearly has no idea how release clauses work. Why would anybody bid more than the release clause when matching the clause means the bid has to be accepted.

Really not surprised. Said when he joined we were a stepping stone so no big loss for me. That's been the problem for us: having players that don't care about the club- we get relegated- they move on.

Early signs are we are getting players in that want to be here and want to help us (hopefully) become up with the elite again. That's what we want fighters and battlers that play with pride for the club not the shop window.  

• Like 1

He was certainly good enough to be starting for us next season and given the amount of positions that already needed improving, another, unexpected one is the last thing we need with just over a week to go until the season starts.

I was never his biggest fan but appreciated he was good enough to start for us in the Championship. I think we all knew that some of our few "better" players would be leaving us and I'm guessing that I'm in the huge majority that would sooner wave goodbye to Gana than I would Aywe or Amavi (or even Adama)

Someone who claimed to be using us as a stepping stone was never going to be a hero here. I'd be surprised if he starts regularly at Everton, unless we see a different Gana to the one seen at Villa last year, given the opportunity to play with better players. My feeling is that he's used us as a stepping stone to become a bench warmer at Everton, so good luck with that.

I'm disappointed, especially given the timing but not overly upset by his loss.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Butterfingers said:

He was certainly good enough to be starting for us next season and given the amount of positions that already needed improving, another, unexpected one is the last thing we need with just over a week to go until the season starts.

I was never his biggest fan but appreciated he was good enough to start for us in the Championship. I think we all knew that some of our few "better" players would be leaving us and I'm guessing that I'm in the huge majority that would sooner wave goodbye to Gana than I would Aywe or Amavi (or even Adama)

Someone who claimed to be using us as a stepping stone was never going to be a hero here. I'd be surprised if he starts regularly at Everton, unless we see a different Gana to the one seen at Villa last year, given the opportunity to play with better players. My feeling is that he's used us as a stepping stone to become a bench warmer at Everton, so good luck with that.

I'm disappointed, especially given the timing but not overly upset by his loss.

Benteke?

Â