Idrissa Gana Gueye

BowenAVFC

8 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

2A9FAB7A00000578-3165358-image-a-17_1437

Kinda like this you mean?

I was thinking the other day, 'you know what, maybe I was harsh on Delph at the time. He had a tough decision and had to think of his family's future'. Then I saw this, and it all came flooding back. What a bellend.

1 hour ago, tonyh29 said:

Ah my bad I took ambition to be winning something not just getting a pay rise 

The only thing he has a chance of winning with us is the Championship title and even that's a stretch as we are right now.

I doubt there are many players who would take an opportunity to win the Championship over Premier League football. I'm sure the money has something to do with it too but you can hardly blame him after the shambles we've been and if you've watched us in pre-season it's not like we've exactly come on leaps and bounds since then.

• Like 1

He'll do really well at Everton too, really can't blame him for that move. They are spending big and aiming to go places, he'd be one of the first names on the team sheet now people have realised (Kante) how important those sorts of players are to a team again. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, This Could Be Rotterdam said:

So if it isn't completed today and the clause expires do we have to just hope for a higher bid from someone else or can we reject it altogether? 

Let's hope it does complete today then if there really is a time limit to the release clause. We don't want to be stuck with yet another player that doesn't want to be here. No other club will come in higher than £7.1m, we're pulling down Evertons pants as it is!

Edited by Fight Like Lions
Spelling
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Fight Like Lions said:

Let's hope it does complete today then if there really is a time limit to the release clause. We don't want to be stuck with yet another player that doesn't want to be here. No other club will come in higher than £7.1m, we're pulling down Evertons pants as it is!

Hope not. He is more use to us than the £7.1m.

• Like 3

On 28/07/2016 at 09:26, DCJonah said:

You don't think they all want that? Yet some are committed to helping fix the major issue they caused last year. 

No. They're not.

Apart form maybe Grealish and Amavi, all of our players would be off if a premier league club was interested in them.

Don't fool yourself into thinking any of our players are committed for any reason other than nobody else will pay them as much as us.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

No. They're not.

Apart form maybe Grealish and Amavi, all of our players would be off if a premier lague club was interested in them.

Don't fool yourself into thinking any of our players are committed for any reason other than nobody else will pay them as much as us.

I disagree. I think some would but not most and I don't think all would go about it the same way. Let's not forget Gil, Guye and Veretout all had their agents mouthing off the minute the summer started. 

Just now, DCJonah said:

I disagree. I think some would but not most and I don't think all would go about it the same way. Let's not forget Gil, Guye and Veretout all had their agents mouthing off the minute the summer started. 

I think you wildly overestimate the loyalty of footballers.

Those players' agents are mouthing off because they know they can get good deals at better clubs.

Players like Hutton and Gabby don't have agents mouthing off because they know nobody will pay them more than we do.

The only difference is desirability. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

Those players' agents arear mouthing off because they know they can get good deals at better clubs.

Players like Hutton and Gabby don't have agents mouthing off because they know nobody will pay them more than we do.

You're probably right for some of them, I won't disagree. 

But I'm prepared to get behind the ones who want to help sort this club out and I think good riddance to the likes of Gueye and Gil. 

Just now, DCJonah said:

You're probably right for some of them, I won't disagree. 

But I'm prepared to get behind the ones who want to help sort this club out and I think good riddance to the likes of Gueye and Gil. 

But that's my point.

"Get behind the ones who want to help sort this club out".

That means nothing. 

If Gana doesn't end up moving are you going to not get behind him but you would get behind Gabby because, by your logic, the latter supposedly wants to help sort the club out because he hasn't had an agent touting him to other clubs?

Because there's no difference between the two other than other clubs actually want Gana.

What you're saying is good riddance to the players with enough quality that other clubs actually want them.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

But that's my point.

"Get behind the ones who want to help sort this club out".

That means nothing. 

If Gana doesn't end up moving are you going to not get behind him but you would get behind Gabby because, by your logic, the latter supposedly wants to help sort the club out because he hasn't had an agent touting him to other clubs?

Because there's no difference between the two other than other clubs actually want Gana.

What you're saying is good riddance to the players with enough quality that other clubs actually want them.

The three players we have signed want to help us sort this out, as will others who join. Gardner sounds committed, grealish is committed, ayew and amavi have committed, the young lads coming through will be looking to take their chance. There's plenty of players to get behind, using Gabby is a weak argument but I'm prepared to see If he can come back. 

What do you want me to do? Not get behind the players here? Pine for those that don't want to be here. I'm not sure what you're after. 

Your point about some players here would jump ship at the first chance is one I've agreed with. 

• Like 1

its difficult to support any players who have made it known that they dont want to be here.

and if anyone thinks that some players want to stay to help get us back up after the mess theyve caused in getting us relegated are mad, footballers dont care, they just care about money but saying that, i wonder if a league 1 club came in and offered double money (obviously this could never happen) to one of our players, they would take it.

2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Those players' agents are mouthing off because they know they can get good deals at better clubs.

Agree completely with this but don't know why Amavi or Grealish are any different. Nobody is going to offer what we'd want for either because of last season's form/ injury but if they did they'd be off just as soon as anyone else. They're in a similar situation to everyone else as far as I can see. 

8 minutes ago, flashingqwerty said:

As i understood the quote from RDM, it expires at the end of the window. Happy to be corrected thougj.

Wyness has him locked in his basement in the Wirral. 

Â