Idrissa Gana Gueye

BowenAVFC

11 hours ago, Lichfield Dean said:

Would rather keep Veretout myself. Saw very little from Gana other than blocking and interceptions (which he then almost invariably gave straight back to the opposition)

Exact opposite for me. Don't get the hype for veretout - even his mate Remi wasn't picking him in the end.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Wouldn't go that far! However to be honest (I know you can't really judge by pics and media talk) his body language didn't seem great, neither did the rhetoric. We have Aaron now, and Xia is ok with spending money, so if we get 7.1 million for him, if need be we can even add to it and reinvest in the squad. I would rather we kept him though, however it is what it is.

NRC was a very decent player for us in a far better side, he wasn't always first choice of course but he played 102 games for us in his 4 seasons of which we finished 6th three times and 9th in the more disappointing transitional season we had under Houllier.

So for people to be suggesting Gana is a level above him is a bit baffling imo.

they've got a lerner-esque owner havent they? came in spent a bit, did ok, lost interest, cut costs

last summer they sold imbula, payet, thauvin etc for a combined total of £56m, spent £3m on players...this summer they've already sold £54m worth of players and spent £8m

not sure if they do have the money or why he'd want to got there

• Like 1

Just now, villa4europe said:

they've got a lerner-esque owner havent they? came in spent a bit, did ok, lost interest, cut costs

last summer they sold imbula, payet, thauvin etc for a combined total of £56m, spent £3m on players...this summer they've already sold £54m worth of players and spent £8m

Yeah they're in a bit of a mess and weren't far off going down last season, only won 3 home games all season so fans were rioting at end.

That said they are quite a big draw for French-African players due to their history and had some famous players like Boli and Drogba play for them.

45 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

They've been owned by the Louis-Dreyfus family for years. Elaine from Seinfeld is a distant relative - fun fact.

Honestly if Gueye's release clause is really that low, I am surprised at least a few premier league clubs haven't come in for him. Very low risk considering how cheap 7 million is these days. 

Edited by Czechlad
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, sexbelowsound said:

They've just sold Batshuayi for £31m and bought Cabella for £6m.

I'd imagine, even as skint as they are, that they could stretch to Gana's release clause.

Hopefully not though!

£6m for Cabella. they are just throwing money around like confetti

6 hours ago, El-Reacho said:

They've been owned by the Louis-Dreyfus family for years. Elaine from Seinfeld is a distant relative - fun fact.

Yep, and despite her being worth over $200m herself, she stands to inherit $3.4 billion from the family one day.

Mail reporting they are going after Sanchez instead of Gana.....good news if we can keep him (Gana that is)

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-transfer-news-marseille-11606087

Marseille will turn their attention to Carlos Sanchez after missing out on his Aston Villa team-mate Idrissa Gana. The Ligue 1 side will bid £3m for the Colombian international and are confident of getting their man.

Gana was originally the midfielder they were after but Villa are not interested in selling.

And sources in France have also told the Birmingham Mail that the cash-strapped club couldn’t afford the £7m transfer fee required to meet his buy-out clause which is why Sanchez is now on the radar.

Scouts watched the 30-year-old in action at this summer’s Copa America and a formal bid is expected to be lodged in the coming days.

Edited by Gary Thomas
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Gary Thomas said:

Mail reporting they are going after Sanchez instead of Gana.....good news if we can keep him (Gana that is)

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-transfer-news-marseille-11606087

Well that would be just lovely!

I wan't us to keep Gana, and if we do we have no need for Sanchez.

£3m is a nice sum for Sanchez.

Â