Idrissa Gana Gueye

BowenAVFC

Based on what I 'saw' week in week out he is solid defensive player with a good engine and (as everyone likes to points out) good interception stats.  But stats can be a bit deceiving.  For a start, we were mostly  defending in games with low levels of possession which probably skews things a bit in terms of the relative number of interceptions in the league.  As for the rest of his game, he was OK nothing more and he never really stood out in what was a 'very' poor side.  I also think he is a bit on the light side and he offers very little going forward, even for a DM his shooting was woeful!  At the end of the day, the only thing that matters now is whether he wants to be here or not.  If he does great I would much prefer he stays and I think he can help us get back to the PL.  But if he wants out, I hope we get it done quickly.  We need players who are totally committed to the cause this year.

Edited by Gary Thomas

22 minutes ago, Zatman said:

meh, no different than having Reo-Coker in the side. terrible on the ball

Wouldn't go that far! However to be honest (I know you can't really judge by pics and media talk) his body language didn't seem great, neither did the rhetoric. We have Aaron now, and Xia is ok with spending money, so if we get 7.1 million for him, if need be we can even add to it and reinvest in the squad. I would rather we kept him though, however it is what it is.

£7.1m for him? So we paid about £0.4m + wages? Good deal! He wasn't exactly a disaster but he's not worth anywhere near the money we paid for him. English football is clearly not for him which is why French teams are after him and not even newly promoted sides.

Actually I'm pleased if this happens truth be told; I'd say our midfield was equally as culpable for our demise as any other area in our team. I'd like shot of most of our defence (Lescott, Bacuna and Richardson etc) and most of our midfield (Sanchez, Veretout and Gana). And seeing as the last two who have any resale value I'd happily see the back of them first.

I know nothing about Tshibola but I don't think replacing Gana will be hard at all.

Guys! Guys!

He's totally got a release clause. A £7.1m release clause... sounds like a bargain right? You know you want a a bit of the statistically 2nd best DM in the Premier League. All yours for only £7.1m. Best get your bid in because for £7.1m in a release clause he won't be around long. What else you could you spend £7.1m on?

Idrissa Gana Gueye's agent, dictating for the small ads in the back of a local paper somewhere in Europe tomorrow.

• Like 2

Â