Ray Wilkins

midian

Didnt do much for Fulham when he joined them couple years back when they went down, but they were a lost cause tbf (despite doing the double over us). Was very highly thought of at Chelsea though, good appointment .

Fulham was a madhouse when they appointed him.

Great appointment by all involved

Wow - VT gone 100% positive. That's got to be worrying!

Really pleased with this. Brings know-how and a very good reputation with him. But despite his stature, I think he knows that he is a number 2 ( :wave: ) rather than a manager, so he would bring stability.

Also please with where KMac is going to focus - I just hope he is.

Just a couple of things left now - the squad and the owner.

• Like 1

Wow - VT gone 100% positive. That's got to be worrying!

Really pleased with this. Brings know-how and a very good reputation with him. But despite his stature, I think he knows that he is a number 2 ( :wave: ) rather than a manager, so he would bring stability.

Also please with where KMac is going to focus - I just hope he is.

Just a couple of things left now - the squad and the owner.

Minor details... ;)

• Like 1

Well not never as Keane had a great CV in terms of honours I spose, but what I mean is Wilkins has played in a few different leagues for some big clubs, played international level and coached under some great managers at Chelsea when they were playing some nice football....

Well not never as Keane had a great CV in terms of honours I spose, but what I mean is Wilkins has played in a few different leagues for some big clubs, played international level and coached under some great managers at Chelsea when they were playing some nice football....

John Robertson wasnt a bad assistant either and look how MON has struggled since he left him

John Robertson wasnt a bad assistant either and look how MON has struggled since he left him

Totally forgot him, back to back european cups don't grow on trees. True MON hasn't been the most successful without him.

• 2 weeks later...

In the OS interview, Wilkins says something along the lines of "We want players to train with the intensity of a match.I need the fans to understand me when I say this, and when they question why Tim isn't picking a player, it's because we're picking players who train the way we want them to train".

I heard that and immediately thought, 'okay, so that's about Gil then'.

In the OS interview, Wilkins says something along the lines of "We want players to train with the intensity of a match.I need the fans to understand me when I say this, and when they question why Tim isn't picking a player, it's because we're picking players who train the way we want them to train".

I heard that and immediately thought, 'okay, so that's about Gil then'.

If Gil is one of those it is aimed at then lets hope he is listening as he'll then know what he needs to do in training in terms of putting a shift in.

I can't say what has been happening in training previously but certainly in games far too often we have failed to play with any kind of real intensity and really get in amongst teams and pressurize them when in possession. Likewise when we are in possession the build up in our play has been much too pedestrian with too many touches and sideways and backwards passing. The most noticeable improvement under Sherwood when he came in was in us looking to get the ball forward quicker and more one touch passing then move into space. If we can continue to build on this by training at a much higher intensity then I am all for it.

• Like 3

Â