Ray Wilkins

midian

Hope this guy lives up to my expectations because I think bar benteke, it's the best signing of perhaps the last decade and could be what keeps us in the prem imo.

I think your account has been hacked!

Why because I said something positive? When something positive happens I acknowledge it. Just so happens very little positives have happened over the past few years and I find it pointless to be positive about nothing. I'm just realistic imo.

He think players will be coming in in the next few days.

Adebayor likely, but just his opinion.

TalkSport also proving that they don't do any research. Still think Vlaar is contracted us.

Not much else really.

Edited by sexbelowsound

Highlights from Wilkins’s interview on TalkSport

Pretty much word for word what he said around 9am today.   

“It is a big club.  The support we had at Walsall on Saturday was pretty impressive.  All around the club, you see the training ground is fantastic, the people within it are exceptionally nice as well.”

Micah Richards strong as an ox, looking very sharp.  I have been very very impressed with him around the place as well.  I think he does has something to prove, a lot of doubters about Micah’s career, but having seen him in pre-season this year I think he will prove a number of people wrong”

"Jordan Ayew is in the country. The medical hasn’t been done up to now, but we are just waiting upon that.  So he’s in the country and we’re looking forward to getting Jordan on board”

"Tim is working extremely hard to bring players in and I am sure he will in the next couple of days…..Tim’s very fortunate with working in the academy at Tottenham he knows a lot of young players throughout Europe so that’s been an enormous help….we have got it all well taped and we are working extremely hard on bringing some new faces in but it has to happen very quickly as well because he wants to bed them into the way he wants them to play so we need them in as soon as possible.”

Adebayor still a possibility? “Yes I think there is a chance – I am only talking from myself here, but I am hoping there is because as you know Adebayor, when he wants to play he’s extremely effective and he knows the premier league inside out so he would be a good addition for us.”

Ron Vlaar.  “Well Ron was on a free transfer so he left the club bless him.  And he’s had what he thought was going to be just a tidy up of his knee and he’s out for four months.  So it was obviously something a lot worse than Ron had thought.  Erm but the contract with Ron had finished so he was a free agent, so what happens I’ve no idea at this point.”

Edited by Gary Thomas
  • Like 1

Tim’s very fortunate with working in the academy at Tottenham he knows a lot of young players throughout Europe so that’s been an enormous help

And people were worried he'd only be interested in over priced English players.

• Like 1

Highlights from Wilkins’s interview on TalkSport

Pretty much word for word what he said around 9am today.   

“It is a big club.  The support we had at Walsall on Saturday was pretty impressive.  All around the club, you see the training ground is fantastic, the people within it are exceptionally nice as well.”

Micah Richards strong as an ox, looking very sharp.  I have been very very impressed with him around the place as well.  I think he does has something to prove, a lot of doubters about Micah’s career, but having seen him in pre-season this year I think he will prove a number of people wrong”

"Jordan Ayew is in the country. The medical hasn’t been done up to now, but we are just waiting upon that.  So he’s in the country and we’re looking forward to getting Jordan on board”

"Tim is working extremely hard to bring players in and I am sure he will in the next couple of days…..Tim’s very fortunate with working in the academy at Tottenham he knows a lot of young players throughout Europe so that’s been an enormous help….we have got it all well taped and we are working extremely hard on bringing some new faces in but it has to happen very quickly as well because he wants to bed them into the way he wants them to play so we need them in as soon as possible.”

Adebayor still a possibility? “Yes I think there is a chance – I am only talking from myself here, but I am hoping there is because as you know Adebayor, when he wants to play he’s extremely effective and he knows the premier league inside out so he would be a good addition for us.”

Ron Vlaar.  “Well Ron was on a free transfer so he left the club bless him.  And he’s had what he thought was going to be just a tidy up of his knee and he’s out for four months.  So it was obviously something a lot worse than Ron had thought.  Erm but the contract with Ron had finished so he was a free agent, so what happens I’ve no idea at this point.”

Wrong thread but that's a key bit. Great when he's on it, shocking when he's not.

Â