Ray Wilkins

midian

We're his Qatar or MLS move.

Didnt he leave his job at Jordan to come here? Wouldnt Jordan be his Qatar move ;)

Dunno, Do the Jordanian national team pay well? 

The President ran for FIFA election against Blatter so I imagine they have a decent amount of cash around

Fine. Cheers for pissing in my Cheerios. :P

Seriously though, Didn't he already leave that role before coming to us? I remember some were suggesting he still had the job as well as this one.

He job was to coach the players at BMH, although I thought it was. If this is true I cannot see why he wouldn't be off the bench in a game to control an shout at the players what they have learnt on the training ground, especially if they are doing wrong, he has the experience to enforce it.

I think having a Goal keeping coach shout at players and organise them from the dugout is poor management. I would rather have Wilkins tell me how to play. I think this is more likely happening at BMH and is why maybe Wilkins cannot be arsed. Might be rubbing off on the players in a negative way, you never know. Specualtion ofcourse.

I am sure I saw him up and standing by the touchline at one point on Saturday and I commented at the time that I thought it was unusual for him. I didn't imagine that did I? It was just the once though.

He was admiring the half-way line nostalgically. remembering the days when he'd attempt to rub it out with his studs.

I'm not going to criticise Wilkins for not standing in the technical area barking orders for 90 minutes because I've always got the impression that he does his work on the training field.

Nothing negative has come out about him, nor do I expect it to.

He job was to coach the players at BMH, although I thought it was. If this is true I cannot see why he wouldn't be off the bench in a game to control an shout at the players what they have learnt on the training ground, especially if they are doing wrong, he has the experience to enforce it.

I think having a Goal keeping coach shout at players and organise them from the dugout is poor management. I would rather have Wilkins tell me how to play. I think this is more likely happening at BMH and is why maybe Wilkins cannot be arsed. Might be rubbing off on the players in a negative way, you never know. Specualtion ofcourse.

Could be any number of reasons, really.

Maybe our goalkeeping coach has a particularly loud and clear voice for getting instructions across?  I'm not fussed about not seeing Ray Wilkins get animated.  Just hope he's doing well behind the scenes.

Because that's really not how it works. "Oi, Alan, that's not how I told you to do it in training". And in what way is it poor management to have the loudest, clearest voice giving instruction? Don't be silly.

People worry about the most absurd things, particularly when things aren't going well.

• Like 2

I'm absolutely sure that Butch will be installed as Caretaker Manager at some point over the next few weeks once Tim gets the bullet. So those of you wanting to see him barking orders on the touchline will get your wish pretty soon :)

Question is if sherwood leaves does Wilkins too? I hope not as I like the guy and think he could be a asset under someone like moyes or Rodgers 

Did Rodgers and Wilkins work together at Chelsea?

that could be key in the next appointment as well 

Â