Players that you think are rubbish

Zatman

Costel Pantillimon

Has gone way up in my estimation since moving to Sunderland.  Is arguably their best first XI player now and kept them in the bloody game against us too ( :rant: ).  I used to think he was shit at Citeh.  He's performing well individually behind a garbage defence at the moment.

• Like 2

Wayne Rooney.

Seriously, when did he last have a good game or look like the player of old? And yes I'm discounting the hat-trick against poor European opposition the other week.

I know he isn't rubbish in a Tonev kind of way but compared to his reputation? 

He has to be just about the most over rated footballer these days, yet he will probably end up being England's top scorer.

• Like 4

I think Rooney has fallen out of love with the game which is sad, he doesnt possess the same hunger he used to when chasing the ball. I blame Ferguson for that and Van Gaal probably hasnt helped with that

Rooney needs a manager now to put his arm over his shoulder and tell him to go enjoy himself on the pitch, Maybe a transfer is needed or change of manager

Bit like Fabregas, Rooney's been playing full seasons since 17 so in football terms he's really 33 rather than 29 if you get what I mean. I read when Pedro signed he's played 200 fewer games than Rooney has.

For me Rooney's always been playing off a main striker than leading the line so think that's a massive error from LVG to get him playing upfront on his own and demanding him to do the donkey work and get 25 goals, I'd be staggered if he does that with the start he's had.

How is Rooney so friggin fat. He is a professional athlete for gods sake. Mans should have a six pack.

As we know, Rooney's build was always stocky.  I saw a sports science documentary where they analysed his body fat and it was very low.  He's not actually fat.  Obviously that could have changed in the interim but I doubt it.

He's not fat, but I'd certainly say he's not in as good a shape as a professional athlete should be.

Not just bodyfat wise.

BY all accounts he's a pretty heavy smoker.

Doesn't particularly seem to have held him back, but I can't imagine him playing until his late 30's. He may prove me wrong.

It also begs the question of could he have been even better if he did keep himself more in shape.

Â