Players that you think are rubbish

Zatman

Please forgive me, as this seems to be something that everybody else knows, but why is Busquets such a bell-end? I don't follow Spanish football at all closely. 

He is the absolute antithesis of sportsmanship.  A virus.  A despicable example of football and a very good case study for a lot that is wrong with the modern player.  Or to put it another way, he's an absolute **** word removed.

Why the need to constantly big him up though, or defend the scrote.  It's like people can't just leave the insult be.  **** him from a great height.

that's part of his role in the team, he's incredibly cynical, he knows how to break up counter attacks by happily fouling his way through games, his fouls per yellow card stats must be amazing, at the same time he knows how to dive and cheat and win his team soft free kicks to relieve pressure 

he's there to break up play, at least 50% he does it using the refs whistle, its considered a very un-english approach to football, when in reality its part and parcel of the english game now too, its just we dont like to admit it

if busquets was playing vs maradona in 86 he'd have taken the yellow card...

It's not part and parcel of the English game to the extent Busquets does it.  There's a new ruling been put in place punishing players for feigning injury etc:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/11786495/Players-who-fake-injury-face-bans-as-FA-crack-down-on-cheating.html

Busquets, of course, is included as an example of a player doing it.

He's overrated because that Barcelona team was just so, so good.  Much like Victor Valdes - he's a decent keeper but his distribution in particular is superb.  It worked for that Barcelona team but doesn't mean he's a great keeper.  Busquets is the same.  A dirty, cheating piece of scum who works(worked) well in his role for Barcelona because he gave the other, better midfielders a breather from pressing.

Himself?  Not that great.  And scum.  Honestly.

Edited by bobzy

He is scum, he is a word removed. I am not bigging him up. He is a brilliant intelligent footballer. His passing and dictating abilities are severely underated.

Saying that though, for all his medals and ability. He will be remembered as an absolute piece of shit. I am happy with this.

Please forgive me, as this seems to be something that everybody else knows, but why is Busquets such a bell-end? I don't follow Spanish football at all closely. 

He is the absolute antithesis of sportsmanship.  A virus.  A despicable example of football and a very good case study for a lot that is wrong with the modern player.  Or to put it another way, he's an absolute **** word removed.

he just has a very low pain threshold 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iY92YJOXoFs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhoBrOvs0DE

Why the need to constantly big him up though, or defend the scrote.  It's like people can't just leave the insult be.  **** him from a great height.

There isn't. If you mentioned him in a different thread I imagine you'd get pretty much unanimous support for the view that he's a cock.

But you included him in a thread for players that are rubbish.

He is a monumental scrote. But he's not rubbish,

he just has a very low pain threshold 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iY92YJOXoFs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhoBrOvs0DE

Whenever I think of Busquets this is literally the first image that pops up in my mind EVERY time

busquets1[1].jpg

I find it really strange that so many ref's continue to be conned by Busquets. He has disgraced himself so often, and I know that ref's shouldn't have pre-conceived ideas about players, but I reckon 99.9% of football fans would forgive them on this one.

that's part of his role in the team, he's incredibly cynical, he knows how to break up counter attacks by happily fouling his way through games, his fouls per yellow card stats must be amazing, at the same time he knows how to dive and cheat and win his team soft free kicks to relieve pressure 

he's there to break up play, at least 50% he does it using the refs whistle, its considered a very un-english approach to football, when in reality its part and parcel of the english game now too, its just we dont like to admit it

if busquets was playing vs maradona in 86 he'd have taken the yellow card...

It's not part and parcel of the English game to the extent Busquets does it.  There's a new ruling been put in place punishing players for feigning injury etc:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/11786495/Players-who-fake-injury-face-bans-as-FA-crack-down-on-cheating.html

Busquets, of course, is included as an example of a player doing it.

He's overrated because that Barcelona team was just so, so good.  Much like Victor Valdes - he's a decent keeper but his distribution in particular is superb.  It worked for that Barcelona team but doesn't mean he's a great keeper.  Busquets is the same.  A dirty, cheating piece of scum who works(worked) well in his role for Barcelona because he gave the other, better midfielders a breather from pressing.

Himself?  Not that great.  And scum.  Honestly.

In fairness to Valdes, he was voted on to the La Liga team of the season on more than one occasion. I'd love to see him on get some games at Man U... watching him flap at crosses could be epic.

There isn't. If you mentioned him in a different thread I imagine you'd get pretty much unanimous support for the view that he's a cock.

But you included him in a thread for players that are rubbish.

He is a monumental scrote. But he's not rubbish,

In my defence I never called him rubbish. I called him overrated. But I accept that that's the thread I'm in.

• 2 weeks later...
Â