Players that you think are rubbish

Zatman

To me it's more the transfer fees some of these guys command when really some of them show very little...Conor Wickham's scored what 10 premier league goals and he's commended about 20m in transfer fees, Kenwyne Jones is another one.

Even Peter Crouch who I like must've had about 30m given the fees he's signed for.

nvm i cba

Because you don't like me disagreeing with you? Or are you just rude generally?

When you're talking to somebody, talking not arguing, and they make a reasonably valid retort, whether you agree or not it's rude to say "can't be arsed". Especially when on the internet you have the option of saying nothing at all.

Yes I know, "welcome to the internet", how about no. Manners maketh man, I'd rather you told me to knob off than show that kind of arrogance during what I assumed was a friendly conversation.

I hope you are more measured in your responses out in the real world.

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.
  • Like 1

Wilshere is a good player IMO

Guardiola was right when he was asked about barca buying him though, something like what do we need him for we've got ten kids in the b team who can do what he can do, I think England and the media overhyped him (for a change) simply because he plays football in the same way that we'd seen be successful everywhere else whereas the other midfielders at the time, Gerrard for example, played the English way that wasn't successful, he can play the same way that barca play, but don't confuse that with being able to play at barcas level

And my ten pence on Rooney, he's a great player but he'll too often go in to Roy of the rovers mode, a lot of the time for England he's got no positional discipline, drifts wherever he wants, says he wants to play upfront but then he also wants to drop back and collect the ball off the centre backs, he can't do it

He's not world class in the same way that the majority of these English players aren't world class, he can perform to a world class standard on his day but can't achieve it consistently over any period

Jack Wilshire

In what sense? As in for the level he is at (top 4 club)? Because he'd comfortably be one of our top 2/3 players if not the best?

I wonder would he though. He's done well with England of late I hear but I haven't seen anything. I just think himself and Theo put in a decent performance maybe once every 8/9/10 games and everyone raves about them but I think both are brutal.

Wilshere is a good player IMO

Guardiola was right when he was asked about barca buying him though, something like what do we need him for we've got ten kids in the b team who can do what he can do, I think England and the media overhyped him (for a change) simply because he plays football in the same way that we'd seen be successful everywhere else whereas the other midfielders at the time, Gerrard for example, played the English way that wasn't successful, he can play the same way that barca play, but don't confuse that with being able to play at barcas level

No he wasn't.

Where are all these kids then?

Why are Barca going against everything they 'believe in' and spunking up to  75m on foreign imports?

• Like 1

Ha! Rooney... Rubbish...

There is a debate to be had that he's not *quite* world class. Though I think even that's silly talk. He's a fantastic player. Bullish, powerful, great first touch, pacey, good in the air, can pick a Hollywood pass and score goals from all angles. If I were designing the perfect footballer he's not a million miles from it.

He's incredibly underrated thanks to Englands failings at international level and the **** moronic media. Don't believe everything they print, Wayne Rooney is far and away Englands best player.

Not to mention versatile, he can play anywhere apart from the back 5, and I still think he wouldn't embarrass himself at full back.

I don't think his first touch is great! Decent not great. He's not that pacey either. Good header of the ball but doesn't very high off the ground. Think he is best as a lone striker for me (his best season he scored 36 goals as a lone striker). He is definitely not world class, but is certainly a very good player. Overrated is how I see him,hasn't quite fulfilled his potential.

As for Sterling, I echo the thoughts of others in that he is not rubbish and certainly a work in progress.  Man City are buying potential 20 years old and already close to Rooney's level, Pace, dribbling, balance, agility, awareness, movement.  Just needs to polish his technique and finishing. Don't buy into the shit the Liverpool biased press have written. He left Liverpool to win trophies that's fair enough because Liverpool aren't at the level of last season 6th placed team let alone Man City. It what Benteke will be doing in a season or two (only Benteke is already world class for me)!

I'll throw in Joe Allen! Same as Westwood for me! Tidy player that rarely does anything noteworthy! Not big enough, strong enough, or fast enough to defend well. Not creative enough, fast enough, or skillful enough to attack well. The type of player whose only purpose is the help keep the ball better as they're very good at safe sideways passing. There are plenty of defensive midfielders that can do this and defend!

Â