Players that you think are rubbish

Zatman

Bit like Fabregas, Rooney's been playing full seasons since 17 so in football terms he's really 33 rather than 29 if you get what I mean. I read when Pedro signed he's played 200 fewer games than Rooney has.

For me Rooney's always been playing off a main striker than leading the line so think that's a massive error from LVG to get him playing upfront on his own and demanding him to do the donkey work and get 25 goals, I'd be staggered if he does that with the start he's had.

Basically this. 

He lost his legs a couple of years ago now. You can notice that he's no where near as explosive as he used to be. This is what can happen when you start playing regular top flight football from the age of 16/17, you get burnt out and your body ages faster than others who are the same age as you because you've accumulated way more miles on the clock. It happens in a lot of sports. 

Fortunately for Rooney Man United have fallen so far off that they can no longer be considered a top team. They are now a team who are really only competing to be in the top 4. If they were still at the very top end of the table I doubt he'd be playing for them much longer. 

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

i agree, he'd walk in to our team, he is over hyped because he's now liverpool's main midfielder and an england regular but if you build him up to that level and start comparing him to the equivalent players from other teams, kroos, verratti, busquets, modric, pogba then the gulf in ability is incredible 

I dont think anybody with a sound mind would ever compare him with them players

his problem is that we are constantly told that liverpool and england are aiming to reach a certain level, so with him being a regular starter for both its inevitable that you'll look at him and compare him to players that actually are at that level and he's nowhere near them, victim of circumstance 

and i disagree with you BOF about busquets, criminally underrated as a footballer in england because he's such a bellend

Speaking of overrated. Busquets.

Can't agree.
He's regressed slightly the last season or two, but I genuinely think he was the best player in the world at that position a couple of seasons ago. He's still a wonderful player.

Absolute horrible word removed of a bellend. But a great player.

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 1

Please forgive me, as this seems to be something that everybody else knows, but why is Busquets such a bell-end? I don't follow Spanish football at all closely. 

Basically dives, play acts and moans at the ref at every single opportunity.

that's part of his role in the team, he's incredibly cynical, he knows how to break up counter attacks by happily fouling his way through games, his fouls per yellow card stats must be amazing, at the same time he knows how to dive and cheat and win his team soft free kicks to relieve pressure 

he's there to break up play, at least 50% he does it using the refs whistle, its considered a very un-english approach to football, when in reality its part and parcel of the english game now too, its just we dont like to admit it

if busquets was playing vs maradona in 86 he'd have taken the yellow card...

Â