Players that you think are rubbish

Zatman

Obviously not shit, but Edinson Cavani never seems to do anything when I watch him play. He was useless vs Argentina last night. A badly controlled pass in the box and a shot way over and that was about it.

an absolute joke, seen him about 20 times and offers **** all

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Ha! Rooney... Rubbish...

There is a debate to be had that he's not *quite* world class. Though I think even that's silly talk. He's a fantastic player. Bullish, powerful, great first touch, pacey, good in the air, can pick a Hollywood pass and score goals from all angles. If I were designing the perfect footballer he's not a million miles from it.

He's incredibly underrated thanks to Englands failings at international level and the **** moronic media. Don't believe everything they print, Wayne Rooney is far and away Englands best player.

• Like 1

common sense shows that anyone who signed for an elite team at age of a teenager and has been a vital part of every season since then isnt rubbish lol

Hes been world class parts of his career, whether he is now, is debatable. Seen people throw the words "world class" for benteke, which just automatically places rooney there. So guess depends on your definition of WC

Edited by gharperr

Ha! Rooney... Rubbish...

There is a debate to be had that he's not *quite* world class. Though I think even that's silly talk. He's a fantastic player. Bullish, powerful, great first touch, pacey, good in the air, can pick a Hollywood pass and score goals from all angles. If I were designing the perfect footballer he's not a million miles from it.

He's incredibly underrated thanks to Englands failings at international level and the **** moronic media. Don't believe everything they print, Wayne Rooney is far and away Englands best player.

Not to mention versatile, he can play anywhere apart from the back 5, and I still think he wouldn't embarrass himself at full back. Edited by a m ole

Ha! Rooney... Rubbish...

Problem is he's come through in the same era as Messi and Ronaldo so naturally the British press is immediately hyping him up to the same levels so when he dosen't score 50 goals in 40 games like those two do then he's not good enough.

He's had a brilliant club level really, at international level there is a debate to be had purely for his tournament performances aside from Euro 2004 but then you could easily say the same for the other major players like lampard and Gerrard.

I just saw Baines put in and assumed. ;) A talented player who gets forward well, can score excellent free kicks but maybe not the greatest one on one defender as we saw at the World Cup.

Doesn't sound shit to me. This thread is all kinds of mental!

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.

I just saw Baines put in and assumed. ;) A talented player who gets forward well, can score excellent free kicks but maybe not the greatest one on one defender as we saw at the World Cup.

Doesn't sound shit to me. This thread is all kinds of mental!

It depends how youre viewing how theyre saying rubbish.

You said i was being hyperbole when i said john terry would get destroyed. But people say a player is rubbish or good relative to the team theyre playing for (or the cluster of teams around them). For example: people say sterling is average, but theyre talking about him being average for a top 4/6 team (i disagree with that fwiw, think hes going to become pretty dam good). Its quite clear he is not average when you compare him to every player or teams in the prem. The same people will say grealish is good, because theyre comparing him to villa position (its pretty obviously grealish is not better than sterling atm). One more example: delph. Good player for us, shit for city.

if youre taking these opinions in absolute terms, theyre mental....but relative, just slightly mental ;)

Edited by gharperr

Â