Micah Richards

Demitri_C

8 hours ago, Adam2003 said:

I think the player also has to accept it's a career ender which he probably doesn't. Didn't Man United try to persuade Paul McGrath not to sign for us because they could get more on the insurance than we paid if he retired on injury grounds? He says something like that in his autobiography I think, but I may be way off on detail in which case apologies.

Re: Paul McGrath, you are not far wrong.

Man Utd did try and force Macca into retirement on the grounds they would get a decent payout as he had tonnes of operations on his knees (36 I believe) while at Man Utd.

Graham Taylor seen something different and thankfully we rescued him from the scrapheap for £400k

He came to us and went on to win player of the year 5 years on the bounce. Even scooping PFA POTY in 1993/94 iirc.

McGrath went on to play the game well into his late 30's.

As for Micah, I don't think we will see the same resurgence.

Edited by AvfcRigo82
Inflated transfer fee edit.

3 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Re: Paul McGrath, you are not far wrong.

Man Utd did try and force Macca into retirement on the grounds they would get a decent payout as he had tonnes of operations on his knees (36 I believe) while at Man Utd.

Graham Taylor seen something different and thankfully we rescued him from the scrapheap for £900k

He came to us and went on to win player of the year 5 years on the bounce. Even scooping PFA POTY in 1993/94 iirc.

McGrath went on to play the game well into his late 30's.

As for Micah, I don't think we will see the same resurgence.

I thought we paid £400k forMacca. 

I don't think there's anything in the Celtic rumour. I don't expect Richards will ever play professionally again. I think that's been very difficult for him to accept and that he's been trying for a long time to argue with what will ultimately be a truth.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I don't think there's anything in the Celtic rumour. I don't expect Richards will ever play professionally again. I think that's been very difficult for him to accept and that he's been trying for a long time to argue with what will ultimately be a truth.

I agree OBE, which was why it suprised me a little too.

Such a raw talent at 18.

At some time it looked like he lost his love for football and didn't seem to care anymore. Doesn't matter how much talent you got, if you lose your passion for the game you're finished.

Edited by villalad21
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

You're right Dave. It was £400k.. which makes it even better.  :lol:

God knows where I got £900k from.

It’s probably how much we’re paying Micha Richards per game he’s played. 

• Haha 2

He seems to be from the bracket of ex England players that should have pushed on and succeeded but failed.

Players like Bentley, Rodwell that could have done more but lost the passion for the game with injuries and big wages.

After watching that Sunderland show on Netflix he does appear to be our Rodwell in a sense. Not really expecting to play, but in and around the squad just getting paid and being the lovely chap that we don’t want.

1 hour ago, Czechlad said:

He is our version of Rodwell. I really don't know how he can sign for any club after leaving us. 

Bruce even admitted he can't play anymore. It's not like he was even good when he was able to play. 

Few of our overpaid wasters never found clubs. Nzogbia, Gabby, im not sure Habib Beye ever had much games after Villa same with Lescott

Edited by Zatman

Â