Micah Richards

Demitri_C

If he "retired" but we gave him the same wages to coach the U15s would that mean his wages wouldn't appear as part of FFP? 

#creativeffpaccounting

No Villa... No... I am not suggesting we give him a new five year deal! 

• Like 1

Surely, surely we can get SOMEONE to take him on loan. 

It will be on his own interest as well if he wants a newer contract somewhere next year. 

4 hours ago, villaglint said:

If he "retired" but we gave him the same wages to coach the U15s would that mean his wages wouldn't appear as part of FFP? 

#creativeffpaccounting

No Villa... No... I am not suggesting we give him a new five year deal! 

Like that thinking! More, more, more! 

He has become the new Gabby but Gabby once earned his wages from us unlike Micah. He is draining what bit of money we have left from the club and will continue to do so until his contract expires. What a sad way to end a career that had started so brightly but will end so shamefully.

19 minutes ago, John said:

He has become the new Gabby but Gabby once earned his wages from us unlike Micah. He is draining what bit of money we have left from the club and will continue to do so until his contract expires. What a sad way to end a career that had started so brightly but will end so shamefully.

Yes, I'm sure hes feeling sad about it.

lem6_f-maxage-0_s-200x150.gif

• Like 1

Give him time - he will prove you all wrong. He is going to be a star for us next season. His whole career has been building for this one very moment. I am confident he won't let us down  (well not very often anyway) 

I actually think he will try to play for us next season. Like mentioned, if he ever wants to play football again, he has to do something this season, and we aren't in a great spot with Richards. Maybe just maybe he can be okay in the championship. 

2 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

I actually think he will try to play for us next season. Like mentioned, if he ever wants to play football again, he has to do something this season, and we aren't in a great spot with Richards. Maybe just maybe he can be okay in the championship. 

See he has 2 backers already - the momentum is building for the lad. 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, hippo said:

Wait and see - I think we will all be begging for a contract extension for him come January.  

I actually think the club should be proactive and do it now to be honest.

Is this a wind up?.. 

Ive seen milk turn quicker than this useless fat word removed. 

I read somewhere that he's in a similar situation to Ledley King a few years ago, in so much that his injuries are long term and will prevent him training intensively.  

He is now in the final year of his contract (I think/hope), he's still young enough to earn another contract somewhere else so long as he gets some games this season. 

Like any other player, give him a chance in pre season, but consider any form or desire a bonus. We may be able to loan him this year and accept that any contribution towards his wages are a bonus. 

2 hours ago, PompeyVillan said:

I read somewhere that he's in a similar situation to Ledley King a few years ago, in so much that his injuries are long term and will prevent him training intensively.  

He is now in the final year of his contract (I think/hope), he's still young enough to earn another contract somewhere else so long as he gets some games this season. 

Like any other player, give him a chance in pre season, but consider any form or desire a bonus. We may be able to loan him this year and accept that any contribution towards his wages are a bonus. 

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/5701507/micah-richards-500-days-double-pay-promotion-aston-villa/

Richards limped off with a calf issue in Bruce's first game in charge - also the last time he played.

And now he has to carefully manage a long-standing meniscus issue in his right knee.

But the real underlying issue is that Bruce does not totally trust Richards to physically cope with two games in a week.

That means he has taken the drastic decision not to use him at all, despite the man with 13 England caps being fit.

It is claimed that Bruce feels the rhythm of the team is better maintained without Richards being a part of it.

Richards continues to train every day at Bodymoor Heath but knows he does so with basically no chance of getting picked.

If Steve Bruce or even a new manager cannot get a tune out of him then a coaching role would'nt be frowned upon I guess, but if neither happens then we may aswell just release him sooner than later (if there are no takers).

Edited by AvfcRigo82

1 hour ago, KSV said:

Apparently hes good with the young lads. As said above. Just give him a coaching gig and force him to retire to free up funds. 

And why would he do that? He is being paid hansomly, why would give that away. 

• Like 1

Â