Micah Richards

Demitri_C

2 hours ago, PaulC said:

I wouldn't entertain the idea of him playing cb but I would rather have him at rb than the headless chicken and he could do a job as a defensive midfied player. I agree fitness is a big problem for him though

Honestly, I'm not being funny with you, but I don't think you watched this guy close enough last season. I don't think he is the worst player to ever put on a villa shirt, but he certainly put in the worst performances of any villa player I've seen in 35 years.

Was on a stag weekend in Newcastle on that weekend so never seen highlights of that Southampton game until now....

Just shows you why we were one of the worst top flight teams in last 30 years with some of that defending.

Next you'll be telling me SB wants to re-sign Lescott!!!

Well we can't win a game at present.....so nothing is a risk.

but I ask myself, if he played the DM role until JED returns.....we might get that awaited reaction from CH and HL......just a thought.

Edited by TRO

After the way he went about his play last season I wouldn't even trust Richards to be a ball boy.

I know Bruce is desperate to turn things around but after the failed experiment with Gabby I really think he would be hanging himself out to dry if he gives Richards another chance, especially after loaning out McCormack for not turning up to training. 

On 17/02/2017 at 23:15, jon_c said:

Hutton is a better fullback than Micah Richards. 

That is actually how bad Richards is. 

If Richards plays, we will not win. 

No change there then! ;)

Steve Bruce gave Gabby a chance to prove us wrong (when we still had some hope of a top 6 place) and that didn't work given that why not give Micah the same opportunity (when we now have no chance of making the play off's)? It most likely will not work either but I think Gabby was the player least likely of the two (for me at least) to wear a Villa shirt again at the start of this season.   

Not even all of the article was published....Steve Bruce went on to say this about Richards.....

Micah is a stick-on if he’s fit – an absolute stick-on. He’s got the right mentality.

"Unfortunately, fitness levels have been a big problem for him over the past few years.”

http://www.squawka.com/news/steve-bruce-micah-richards-would-start-every-game-for-aston-villa-if-fit/905037

:bang:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

His best role is as security/greeter at some night club.

But even there he will likely get distracted and wander off leaving his colleges to fend for themselves.

Only positive thing with this clown is that unlike Hutton at least he hasn't played enough to get an extension triggered on his contract.

Only 2 more seasons to go...

• Like 3

I cannot think of any position, any formation, any game and any set of circumstances where Richards would have a positive impact on the field. Not one attribute I look at and think that there is something there. Against Luton he could barely break into a proper jog. He is shot to shit, just look at his gait when he runs and his balance on and off the ball. Utterly done as a footballer.

If Bruce cannot see this then that is staggering.

• Like 4

Nooooooooo....!!!!!!

I was just beginning to think the dark days were passing ......

it was Bruces description of Richards as "nailed on to start if fit" that sent me from a doubter to a disbeliever..... I do hope this is just talk.

Richards has put in so many abject 'performances' for us he makes Gabby look like a model pro.

Edited by terrytini
  • Like 1

Â