Micah Richards

Demitri_C

Just now, TheStagMan said:

its unbelievable isn't it, even f*****g Westwood looks good away from Villa!

actually I was tallking about the video above where Lescott and Richards look Shite.   Guzan looks twice the keeper of Johnstone.  And Westwood scored 2 for us.

Just now, srsmithusa said:

actually I was tallking about the video above where Lescott and Richards look Shite.   Guzan looks twice the keeper of Johnstone.  And Westwood scored 2 for us.

fair do's but he is actually looking decent away from here. 

Sorry to go off topic.

59 minutes ago, srsmithusa said:

Yes I was trying to work that one out as he was crap today

5 hours ago, DaveAV1 said:

He was captain before and both him and the team were diabolical. Besides being everyone's pal doesn't make a good leader. Even if he was a good leader, and I don't think he is, he is such an incredibly bad footballer he shouldn't be anywhere near the team. 

What worries me the most is that Bruce has said he would play every game if fit!!! If that's the case and he is nearing fitness then why did he just buy Bree? Or is he thinking of replacing Chester or Baker? Surely he's not that far gone? Is he??

Why has Richards not been fit at any point since Bruce arrived? This definitely smells like Bruce is desperate. But, desperate for what? The defence is fine when there's cover in front of them. Bree is fine and, if out injured, we have better options at right back in Hutton and Bacuna - both of whom aren't great but are better than Richards.

Where else would/could he play Richards? It's insane to consider ever playing him because he's a complete waste of space. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, PaulC said:

I'm probably alone in thinking it could be a positive step. A player that was once deemed good enough to play at RB for England can't be not good enough for the championship. 

Alan Hutton was once a £9 million fullback. Cissoko moved for more than that. 

Neither are good enough for the Championship in 2017, as per Micah cah cah.

Edited by HolteExile
  • Like 2

46 minutes ago, PaulC said:

I'm probably alone in thinking it could be a positive step. A player that was once deemed good enough to play at RB for England can't be not good enough for the championship. 

He last played in October.

Even earlier on in the season he was a car crash at Luton.

We saw even playing in the premier league he struggled for fitness (and anything resembling actual football ability).

I actually thought him on a free was for once very good smart transfer business for us.

I was very very wrong.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, PaulC said:

I certainly hope you are. That would mean that Steve Bruce wouldn't entertain the idea. :P

19 hours ago, theboyangel said:

It smacks of desperation from Bruce to rely on Richards to change our fortunes. 

Talk about clutching at straws. 

I honestly feel Bruce hasn't a clue on how to fix the situation he's created and is beginning to pin his hopes on something working (a bit like Timmy did) with a bit of luck 

I am starting to agree, which is sad. I think it doesn't matter who the gaffer is at the moment. We are just a club spirally out of control football wise. Ive gone from eternal optimist to doomsday dreader.....

• Like 1

It would be nice to watch a training session at BMH, and just compare the players at training and how they perform during game time.

I wonder if some players hold the attitude that training is where it matters, just to fool the manager enough to get on the team sheet, then it is tools down job done? We have heard so often of players impressing during training, then turning to shit after kick off.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, AJ said:

It would be nice to watch a training session at BMH, and just compare the players at training and how they perform during game time.

I wonder if some players hold the attitude that training is where it matters, just to fool the manager enough to get on the team sheet, then it is tools down job done? We have heard so often of players impressing during training, then turning to shit after kick off.

I don't think they deliberately down tools or why would they try in training in order to get into the team? But I do think that some players need a different mindset when actually playing a competitive match. Achieving this mindset is the trick and what successful managers are good at. There's only a very small percentage between success and failure on the pitch. Which is why anyone can beat anyone on their day. A lot of it is in the head and our heads are shot. 

10 hours ago, VillaChris said:

He last played in October.

Even earlier on in the season he was a car crash at Luton.

We saw even playing in the premier league he struggled for fitness (and anything resembling actual football ability).

I actually thought him on a free was for once very good smart transfer business for us.

I was very very wrong.

I wouldn't entertain the idea of him playing cb but I would rather have him at rb than the headless chicken and he could do a job as a defensive midfied player. I agree fitness is a big problem for him though

Â