Micah Richards

Demitri_C

1 hour ago, BOF said:

Actually by any account that I've ever heard, he's supposed to be good fun around the place, so while we think he's absolute shit, he's not damaging to the squad.

This may be true but I still can't get the image out of my head of this dope doing that interview with cotton wool shoved up his nose. So yeah, bomb squad :D

4 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

We need to get rid of him.

Even if it means banning him from the training ground and still paying all his wages. That's how damaging he is.

I find this attitude hilarious, it was the same with Gabby, as if these players have absolutely no personal lives and banning them from training (which is what, 2 hours a day?) would prevent them from seeing or speaking to their friends at the club. If they are as influential as people think I can't imagine not training would achieve anything other than forcing them to do even less to earn their money, that'll show em! 

1 minute ago, weedman said:

I find this attitude hilarious, it was the same with Gabby, as if these players have absolutely no personal lives and banning them from training (which is what, 2 hours a day?) would prevent them from seeing or speaking to their friends at the club. If they are as influential as people think I can't imagine not training would achieve anything other than forcing them to do even less to earn their money, that'll show em! 

Not to mention that banning someone from doing their job for no good reason is illegal and would have the players union on to you before you could say 'bad rightback, even worse centreback'.

8 minutes ago, BOF said:

Not to mention that banning someone from doing their job for no good reason is illegal and would have the players union on to you before you could say 'bad rightback, even worse centreback'.

yeah, that would just be pathetic really.

On 5/18/2017 at 05:56, BOF said:

Actually by any account that I've ever heard, he's supposed to be good fun around the place, so while we think he's no value on the pitch, he's not damaging to the squad.

EDIT : Softening of initial language ;)

Reason #567 why we're a shot/shit club. Let's make the clubhouse a fun cheery pally sort of place. Results... stop being so serious all the time.

Would have been such a feather in Moyes cap if he'd been able to sign England international Richards to his relegated Sunderland side.

Oh what could have been...

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

He wants to play up front now. Well he has failed in every position he has played for us so far so let's add that too. 

Shouldn't be too difficult with his positioning sense, he might make a good RB if we tell him to play off the striker. 

• Like 4

Asked where he would want to play if he wasn't a defender, Richards said: “Striker. I reckon I could do a job up there with a bit of pace and a bit of strength up there.

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/micah-richards-new-aston-villa-13079636

Micah, you have the gait of a man who has been hit by a runaway truck. What pace? What are you talking about?

You have to think Richards knows he is absolutely f***ed if he is trying to make himself out to be something he just isn't. He feels more comfortable coming out and saying he could be used at striker than at center back or right back for us. I think that is a clear sign he is not wanted here. 

29 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

You have to think Richards knows he is absolutely f***ed if he is trying to make himself out to be something he just isn't. He feels more comfortable coming out and saying he could be used at striker than at center back or right back for us. I think that is a clear sign he is not wanted here. 

I am no fan of Richards, but to be fair it was a question put to him in the interview of what other position he would like to play if he wasn't a defender. See quote copied from previously linked article below:-

"Asked where he would want to play if he wasn't a defender, Richards said: “Striker. I reckon I could do a job up there with a bit of pace and a bit of strength up there.  "I used to be a striker when I was younger and I’ve always wanted to play upfront. Stuart Pearce, Man City days, last 10 used to throw me up there. I used to cause a bit of havoc but I don’t know about now!”

I don't think he was suggesting a new position for himself in our team, well......... I hope not?

• Like 4

2 hours ago, NeilS said:

I am no fan of Richards, but to be fair it was a question put to him in the interview of what other position he would like to play if he wasn't a defender. See quote copied from previously linked article below:-

"Asked where he would want to play if he wasn't a defender, Richards said: “Striker. I reckon I could do a job up there with a bit of pace and a bit of strength up there.  "I used to be a striker when I was younger and I’ve always wanted to play upfront. Stuart Pearce, Man City days, last 10 used to throw me up there. I used to cause a bit of havoc but I don’t know about now!”

I don't think he was suggesting a new position for himself in our team, well......... I hope not?

Ah okay thank you for clearing that up. Context is important, but I didn't hear the full quote and question. 

• Like 1

Â