Micah Richards

Demitri_C

2 hours ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

2 clean sheets and 2 wins in a row.. why would you even contemplate bringing him back in as a CB?

in fairness who doesnt need an attacking centre half when your defence is looking solid again

12 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Did Richards ever play with Chester or Baker?

Baker yes, but Chester no. We lost to Luton early in the season. First half Richards played right back and did alright, but RDM subbed Baker off for Hutton and stuck Richards at center back, and things completely fell apart. Richards was a headless chicken at center back and Okore was left out to dry numerous times. Richards was literally being out played by Luton. 

2 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

Baker yes, but Chester no. We lost to Luton early in the season. First half Richards played right back and did alright, but RDM subbed Baker off for Hutton and stuck Richards at center back, and things completely fell apart. Richards was a headless chicken at center back and Okore was left out to dry numerous times. Richards was literally being out played by Luton. 

Oh ok.

Was wondering if being beside someone aside from Lescott could see him improved.

3 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Oh ok.

Was wondering if being beside someone aside from Lescott could see him improved.

It would certainly be an interesting game should this happen. I wonder if he would dare to do his arm flap, blame everyone else antics with a real captain next to him.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, terrytini said:

Nooooooooo....!!!!!!

I was just beginning to think the dark days were passing ......

it was Bruces description of Richards as "nailed on to start if fit" that sent me from a doubter to a disbeliever..... I do hope this is just talk.

Richards has put in so many abject 'performances' for us he makes Gabby look like a model pro.

Where is this quote? 

5 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Where is this quote? 

He never said that, Terry is just being melodramatic lol, I think it was more along the lines on nailed on to be in and around the squad?

I think this is the quote you are talking about. 

https://tinyurl.com/hpl6oj7

Steve Bruce has told Micah Richards: Get yourself fit, I need you.

The former Villa captain has been sidelined with a knee injury this season but is now closing in on a return.

When he’s fully up to speed, Bruce will consider throwing him straight back in the team after admitting:

“I could do with him on the pitch.

“Micah Richards is a stick-on if he is fit.

• Like 1

That's the one sorry my mistake 'stick on' not 'nailed on' but I think the essence is the same.

Im all for accepting Managers know their players better than we do but I find this one baffling, to say the least. Apart from how poor Richardsvhas been I would've said that generally the Chester/ Baker partnership has been one of our few successes.

• Like 1

Just came here to post about Jedinak saying Richards usually turns up late for training and it turns out Bruce is considering putting him into the first team?!

Way to kick Chester and Baker in the balls. Not to mention Elphick, captain at the start of the season and playing well, then by the end of it 4th choice behind a shining example of how not to be a professional footballer.

3 hours ago, villan_007 said:

Some people need to learn the word IF

Not really. Even if 'fully fit' Richards shouldn't be a stick on, and at this point I am not sure what a fully fit Richards means. It's been about 2009 since anyone saw it.

11 hours ago, skarroki said:

Just came here to post about Jedinak saying Richards usually turns up late for training and it turns out Bruce is considering putting him into the first team?!

Way to kick Chester and Baker in the balls. Not to mention Elphick, captain at the start of the season and playing well, then by the end of it 4th choice behind a shining example of how not to be a professional footballer.

Was Mile joking or being serious when he said this?!

Â