Micah Richards

Demitri_C

Still dont get all the abuse he got for the 1st goal, it was an honest block and sometimes they go into the net. John Terry does it, Vidic did it even Mellberg scored an own goal blocking a shot

• Like 1

I don't blame him at all for the first goal, it's just a poxy deflection but omg the state of him for the second goal, he causes mayhem in our defence with his inability to show discipline and hasnt a clue how to organise himself never mind the backline.

• Like 1

Yeah first goal wasn't his fault, but the second one was a direct result of his lack of positional awareness. He seems to think playing CB/defending is just waiting for danger and then throwing yourself at it to put out the fire. He has a lot to learn, but we can't afford for him to learn on the job.

15 hours ago, mwj said:

Anyone know more on this?

"allegedly Richards doing impressions of him is the current rumour."

https://twitter.com/shelley_ozzy/status/684069204031606789

The person who's posted it has been asked several times where they heard the rumour and dodged the question each time.

I'd put my house on it being utter bollocks.

He is not a very good CB full stop. This season has proved it wasn't the time to play a 27 who has played minimal football for a few seasons, in a new position he is learning, in a team full of new players whom most are not familiar with the league. The only saving grace is that he was free and should hopefully be able to sell him for £6-8 mill in the summer. Just suck it up Micah you ain't no good at CB and never will be. Revert to RB or piss off. 

Hope beyond hope this guy leaves in the Summer. He's a disaster area who is never ever ever in the right place. 

He can compete physically, and win individual challenges, but he doesn't know how to play football properly. He's needed someone to hold his hand his whole career, and could just about get by out at RB. At CB, and as captain, he's not good enough, and doesn't have a clue when ordering others about, he pulls other players out of position with his mad movements. He's a huge reason we're so easy to score against.

Okore/Lescott/Baker/Dunne/Collins would be better. Comparing him with Vlaar is ridiculous, they're on different planets. Ron is a defender, Micah is an athlete.

• Like 2

Making a RB one who has barely played for years our captain , one of our top earners and in a position he has never played for any length of time is classic Villa under Lerner.

All the talk of bad buys due to transfer committee media not seem to pick up on the dodgiest buys being the ones directly influenced by Sherwood.

Tomaszk I agree with your critique 100% He is a great Athlete , strong , quick and pretty decent on the ball but the mental side of the game is just not there.I think Lescott was brought in by Sherwood specifically to be the hand holder to get him through games but Lescott has been overall poor himself ( improved in recent games to be fair ).  

4 minutes ago, Nabby said:

Making a RB one who has barely played for years our captain , one of our top earners and in a position he has never played for any length of time is classic Villa under Lerner.

All the talk of bad buys due to transfer committee media not seem to pick up on the dodgiest buys being the ones directly influenced by Sherwood.

Tomaszk I agree with your critique 100% He is a great Athlete , strong , quick and pretty decent on the ball but the mental side of the game is just not there.I think Lescott was brought in by Sherwood specifically to be the hand holder to get him through games but Lescott has been overall poor himself ( improved in recent games to be fair ).  

I would have thought, Nabby, that this one is down to Sherwood.

29 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

I would have thought, Nabby, that this one is down to Sherwood.

Of course Sherwood is the one who brought him in , I just mean is another in a line of dumb transfers over the last decade or so 

3 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Maybe we shouldn't have spent nothing on one of the most important positions in the team. 

Hmm we havent spent big money on cbs in years, Vlaar was like 3m, senderos was free, clark and baker came from youth system, crespo was 1m, okore was 4m

Richards on a free who played for City and Fiorentina was a coup for us at the time. Easy to say it was a terrible signing now. It wasnt at the time

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Hmm we havent spent big money on cbs in years, Vlaar was like 3m, senderos was free, clark and baker came from youth system, crespo was 1m, okore was 4m

Richards on a free who played for City and Fiorentina was a coup for us at the time. Easy to say it was a terrible signing now. It wasnt at the time

I think there were quite a number of us on here saying that as a RB then the signing made perfect sense, but as a CB then the signing was not a good one. His faults were glaringly obvious, so obvious even I spotted them and I'm shit at Football Manager ;)

He has no defensive instincts, his first thought is to try and win the ball as high up the pitch as possible, so he's always trying to look for the intercept and the counter. He forgets that he is a defender first and foremost. Either Richards agrees to adopt a more defensive mentality or I would drop him altogether. 

Â