Micah Richards

Demitri_C

13 minutes ago, lexicon said:

N'Zogbia's reputation couldn't be worse at Villa, there's nothing you could really say to make people want him out more than they already do! 

As for the 'impressions' - the problem there is that it's totally believable that a chavvy idiot footballer like Richards (or Gabby or a number of others in the squad) would do something like that. 

'Well, he looks the type, so I guess he's guilty' - better hope I don't get you on jury duty then. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

'Well, he looks the type, so I guess he's guilty' - better hope I don't get you on jury duty then. 

Putting words in my mouth there, I didn't say that I believed that he did - just that it's a story that isn't exactly outside the realms of possibility.

• Like 2

On 06/01/2016 at 19:56, sir_gary_cahill said:

I thought that he started off superbly but his performance levels have plummeted in recent weeks, he needs to find a level of consistency again

Some players have improved since Sherwood was sacked, some have performed worse since he was sacked. It look to me like the camp is divided which probably explains why we can't get any decent results or performances on the pitch as a team.

• Like 2

On 05/01/2016 at 12:27, Stevo985 said:

The person who's posted it has been asked several times where they heard the rumour and dodged the question each time.

I'd put my house on it being utter bollocks.

That whole twitter account, much like 99% of twitter is just a load of self opinionated bollocks with zero facts

12 minutes ago, KHV said:

That whole twitter account, much like 99% of twitter is just a load of self opinionated bollocks with zero facts

Exactly. 

Yet look what happens. One tweet and people are taking it as the truth.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, lexicon said:

Putting words in my mouth there, I didn't say that I believed that he did - just that it's a story that isn't exactly outside the realms of possibility.

You're putting words in your own mouth - you didn't say it 'isn't exactly outside the realms of possibility' - as Stevo has already pointed out, almost nothing is outside the realms of possibility - you said it was 'totally believable' because he's 'a chavvy idiot'. In other words, 'he's the type, so I believe he did it'. I paraphrased you perfectly, the fact that you don't want to wear it now doesn't mean I was being unfair. 

• Like 3

It's not outside the realms of possibility that Micah Richards punched Alan Hutton in the face and told Reginald Ray to go **** himself.

Didn't happen though.

There are whispers on Twitter that not only did Micah abuse Reginald Ray, he slept with his wife, and Remi Garde's wife and mothers of Gabby's fifteen children.

I'm not saying it's true, but it's on Twitter so you never know.

• Like 1

It's not outside the realms of possibility that Micah Richards punched Alan Hutton in the face and told Reginald Ray to go **** himself. Didn't happen though.

There are whispers on Twitter that not only did Micah abuse Reginald Ray, he slept with his wife, and Remi Garde's wife and mothers of Gabby's fifteen children.

No smoke without fire...

14 minutes ago, PompeyVillan said:

Sounds possible.

17 minutes ago, PompeyVillan said:

I heard the same thing from a different source, so there must be something in it.

1 hour ago, HanoiVillan said:

You're putting words in your own mouth - you didn't say it 'isn't exactly outside the realms of possibility' - as Stevo has already pointed out, almost nothing is outside the realms of possibility - you said it was 'totally believable' because he's 'a chavvy idiot'. In other words, 'he's the type, so I believe he did it'. I paraphrased you perfectly, the fact that you don't want to wear it now doesn't mean I was being unfair. 

That's not accurate paraphrasing at all. Saying something is 'believable' is not the same as saying that you, personally, believe it. 

Sounds possible.

Nah, Gabby has at least 25 children.

• Like 1

I was chuffed when we signed him - thought we'd got ourselves a guy who'd played top end football for a long time, would help our lesser experienced guys develop - I genuinely could have seen him heading to Liverpool/Everton etc and never in a million years been in a relegation fight.

He's not a great centre back, hes the only one we have with any pace though. Okore is quick in a straight line yes, but milk turns quicker.

Captain - well hes the loud one in the team. I cant imagine the thought was to have him as the only loud one / vocal one however. I think we missed on a couple of other signings in the summer that has led to it. The suggestion a few pages back that we'd spend money on guys without knowing about their character is sheep shit frankly.

So no evidence to back up the claims that Richards has a 'shite attitude' and is a 'chavvy idiot' bar a few posters having a dislike of him? Thought not. 

His performances haven't been up to scratch recently, but the same can be said about most of the squad, but to make things up about a player is just sad. Criticise his performances, fine, that's a valid point, but character assassination? C'mon!

• Like 1

Micah Richards is an option at right-back, according to manager Rémi Garde. 

In his 16 appearances in claret and blues thus far, the Villa captain has played in the heart of defence. 

He made his name occupying the right-back berth in Man City's Barclays Premier League title-winning campaign in 2012. 

With Alan Hutton sidelined after limping off in the 3-1 defeat to Sunderland and his length of absence not yet known, Richards' ability on the ball, strength to charge forward to support the attack and tremendous pace makes him an obvious candidate to fill the void. 

The return to fitness of centre halves Jores Okore and Ciaran Clark has left Garde mulling over a reshuffle in his defensive ranks. 

He said: "This is an idea I've had for a few weeks but I haven't used it yet. 

"Leo Bacuna can play at right-back as well but he gave me some good answers in midfield in the last game. 

"Micah Richards at right-back is an option which is still in my head but I will see. 

"I haven't spoken to him about it yet. 

"I don't know yet how long Alan Hutton will be out for. 

"I can't say exactly when he will be back."

http://mobile.avfc.co.uk/default.aspx?s=news-display&aid=5257419

Puts pay to the rumour that he is contractually obligated to play CB then ??

It's worth a go surely....Lescott and Okore weren't too bad as a pair and Okore and Clark has previously done well for us.

When you think the amount of ball Hutton gets in a game, Richards could surely do something with that given how he used to bomb forward at City in that position.

Â