Micah Richards

Demitri_C

22 hours ago, av1 said:

Agreed. And the odd last ditch block is generally a result of his own failings. Poor player, and what's worse a seemingly billy bollocks attidude. 

Look at the spine of our team:

Guzan

Richards (c)

Sanchez

Gastede

They are part of the reason we are rock bottom, and can all fe*k off in the summer. 

Not Gestede, we need him in the Championship. Richards might also be decent at centre back in the Championship, even if he isn't at this level. I agree with you on Guzan and Sanchez though.

2 minutes ago, GeordieVillan said:

Not Gestede, we need him in the Championship. Richards might also be decent at centre back in the Championship, even if he isn't at this level. I agree with you on Guzan and Sanchez though.

Not sure I agree with Gastede mate. If you look at his record, last year was the exception rather than the rule. I think he scored about 15 goals in 10yrs prior to last year. 

On 6/17/2015 at 13:45, Dr_Pangloss said:

Liability at centre half, lets hope he's going to be played at right back. 

Unfortunately had him down to a T.

I hold him fully responsible for the first goal, but didn't realise the role he played in the second goal until seeing the highlights.

What an absolutely abysmal defender he is, **** shocking, should not play again this season.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

Having seen the "highlights" on MOTD I have to question why he is still our captain.

Say whatever you will about Delph now but when he was captain he'd leave everything on the pitch - Richards showed very little desire to stop any of the three goals we conceded.

Shocking positional play.....needs to get back to full back and judging by Huttons  attempts at resembling a defender, he won't have too much trouble.

that back  5  is woeful

ps and the poor state of the squad, it makes little difference with the permutations.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

99% of people on here are saying he should be at right back (with 1% saying he shouldnt be picked at all) but this opinion isnt really going any further than this forum is it.

does garde or his coaches know that richards should be playing right back, are they even listening? does anybody at the club actually acknowledge this fact?

edit: can someone tweet richards and tell him he shouldnt be at centre back.

Edited by AndyBM

3 minutes ago, AndyBM said:

99% of people on here are saying he should be at right back (with 1% saying he shouldnt be picked at all) but this opinion isnt really going any further than this forum is it.

does garde or his coaches know that richards should be playing right back, are they even listening? does anybody at the club actually acknowledge this fact?

edit: can someone tweet richards and tell him he shouldnt be at centre back.

I suspect that it is in his contract that he plays CB. Sherwood and/or Richards were talking about playing as a CB rather than an RB when he signed. He took a big pay cut and I'd have thought, in exchange, he got the captaincy and the position he wants. I'm pretty sure he said at Man City he didn't want to play RB as well.

Â