Micah Richards

Demitri_C

5 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

At one point Micah was highly regarded and didn't he become an international, he surely SURELY must still have some of that talent in there somewhere, how do you just suddenly become so bad!

That was a long long time ago, when he had pace and power beyond his years to rescue him from his lack of positional awareness. When he came up against someone who was just as fast he got found out. I always remember him being torn apart by Gabby at VP on the opening day of the season when Gabby scored a perfect hat trick. Truth is, since then he missed a lot of football on a nice big wage, combined with his his injury problems means he never improved from his early days.

Is he better than Hutton at RB? I don't know, they are both pretty bad and having either at RB is like trying to sail a ship in a storm with loose cannons flailing about all over the place smashing the ship up.

• Like 1

Whilst I agree he isn't a good player. I can understand Bruce's comments, despite what some say in here, to me, last season he always looked like he tried and wanted us to do well. As I said at the time I can understand  why he was made Captain as he seems like an influential character.

• Like 1

I'm sorry but he's just an athlete masquerading as a footballer.

Man citeh could see this hence letting him go. 

We suckered his legend and bought into his potential, which sadly is nowhere near his ability as a footballer.

Also, along with gabby and lescott, I suspect he was a major undermining and disruptive influence when garde was in charge. 

• Like 2

Is Steve Bruce trying to get the sack?

Maybe Micah is great around the place. Maybe he is a 'triffic lad. Maybe he is someone you would love to take home to your parents. Maybe he has a smile that just melts your heart.

He can't **** run anymore...and that is all he has ever had.

At this point I am beginning to question Steve Bruce's sanity.

• Like 1

"Doris the tea lady is great around the place. Always a Hobnob and a smile to go with a hot cuppa. The lads love her, she's been around the place forever and has still got 28 years left on her contract. She'd be up and down that pitch with her teapot and never spill a drop."

Come on Steve it's time to have your afternoon nap and take your little blue sweeties......

• Like 1

8 hours ago, NeilS said:

That was a long long time ago, when he had pace and power beyond his years to rescue him from his lack of positional awareness. When he came up against someone who was just as fast he got found out. I always remember him being torn apart by Gabby at VP on the opening day of the season when Gabby scored a perfect hat trick. Truth is, since then he missed a lot of football on a nice big wage, combined with his his injury problems means he never improved from his early days.

Is he better than Hutton at RB? I don't know, they are both pretty bad and having either at RB is like trying to sail a ship in a storm with loose cannons flailing about all over the place smashing the ship up.

That's it. 

He looked like he had all the raw attributes starting out, and Citeh probably reasoned that the tactical and mental stuff would come with time and experience.  But he reads the game as well now as he did when he was 18 -that is, not very. 

That applies to two other defenders on our books n'all. Both Hutton and Cissoko moved for large fees in their early 20s. Hard as it is to believe now.  

Edited by HolteExile

9 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

Whilst I agree he isn't a good player. I can understand Bruce's comments, despite what some say in here, to me, last season he always looked like he tried and wanted us to do well. As I said at the time I can understand  why he was made Captain as he seems like an influential character.

I cannot disagree with this more! He was pathetic, absolutely pathetic. If you want an example of a player who didn't give a toss then this is him. He was the worst of the lot for me. Re watch his pathetic attempts at defending for a lot of our goals conceded last season. He would have been first out the door for me.

I'd rather play with 10 men, and I suspect we would probably do better too 

• Like 1

I knew it! I knew he would bring back Gabby and Richards. So predictable. Bruce loves himself some overrated, long time past it, English men. All the over paid, overrated players are back in the squad. We need to get rid of these players instead of using them. They are awful players and immensely overpaid. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DCJonah said:

And this is yet more evidence of why we are wasting our time. 

Bruce is not going to build something at this club. An absolute joke that he feels like he needs Richards on the pitch. 

Where? You've just signed a RB and Chester has been one of our best players. So where do you need him? Unless of course you're going to try 3 at the back again, it wouldn't surprise me, the man is losing the plot. 

I would not mind if we played 3 at the back, the problem is that Bruce uses 5 at the back, with the fullbacks not allowed forward. 

• Like 1

Â