The Chairman Mao resembling, Monarchy hating, threat to Britain, Labour Party thread

Demitri_C

It'll be a big decision for Labour as their next leader will almost certainly be leading them into an election. Corbyn could well hang on if he gets himself on the ballot, which apparently his lawyers are looking at now, but that would be a disaster imo. He just doesn't appeal to the working class despite his largely agreeable politics. I think, in order to ensure that the Tory bastards aren't free to wreck the place after 2018, the left may have to suck it up and accept a middle ground character to ensure at least a somewhat progressive government.

It'd be disastrous for the party, but how **** funny would it be if the PLP vote overwhelmingly for Corbyn to be removed, then the Labour Party members put him straight back. I might piss myself.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

I guess the Labour party could just ask the media who they would like to be Labour leader.

It'll save a lot of time and bother.

I'm not even sure that 'media friendly' counts for anything anymore, and frankly I'm not sure if people are all that bothered about who leads Labour because the trust is gone completely. The people they need to win have decided to vote against their own economic interests because of, well, xenophobia. Labour can't win them back using UKIP's argument, so they need to reframe the debate altogether, but every time they've attempted to highlight (correctly) that bad governance and austerity caused the problems in post-Industrial England, it has fallen on deaf ears because it's just one side blaming the other yet again. At this perilous moment, the UK needs a strong left and I don't think we'll get that any time soon unless someone comes along and finds a way to connect with 'traditional' Labour voters without being a reactionary populist.

26 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I am lets get some mor Vtalkers in how about @tonyh29 ? Lets get snowy in as well then we talking! :mrgreen:

I can see it now , snowy and I would spend 25 minutes arguing over what brand of biscuits to serve with the coffee

1 hour ago, tonyh29 said:

I can see it now , snowy and I would spend 25 minutes arguing over what brand of biscuits to serve with the coffee

Coffee? Eugh. I'm going to have to start a rival party, I'll call it the Party for Tea. Or perhaps the Tea Party.

3 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

Tea, FFS, not coffee. Honestly.....

• Like 3

On 23/06/2016 at 11:55, Demitri_C said:

There are far better burger places than five guys in London!

Try this one! 

My mate raves about these, he lives by the Kentish Town one. 

Corbyn wielding the knife...

Benn apparently had been encouraging mass resignations to force Corbyn's hand if he ignored the no confidence call. Nice to see Labour not wasting a good crisis. They've been dying for a good problem to arise to stab him.

Edited by Chindie
  • Like 1

Â