The Chairman Mao resembling, Monarchy hating, threat to Britain, Labour Party thread

Demitri_C

5 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

At a week with hillsborough verdict, strikes in nhs labour should be tearing the government apart. Instead they manage to embarrass themselves again with thus nonsense.

It's an interesting point that you make, Dem.

In the week of the Hillsborough verdict and junior doctor strikes, there is a (rightful) kerfuffle about a post made in 2014 by someone who became an MP in 2015. It has been brought to our attention by the Guido website (accepted Tory supporter that yer man is) in 2016.

9 minutes ago, snowychap said:

It's an interesting point that you make, Dem.

In the week of the Hillsborough verdict and junior doctor strikes, there is a (rightful) kerfuffle about a post made in 2014 by someone who became an MP in 2015. It has been brought to our attention by the Guido website (accepted Tory supporter that yer man is) in 2016.

I don't think the timing (a week before the local elections, and more importantly the mayoral election and 2 years after the offending posts were made, with a general election in between) or the channel for revealing this scandal (Guido blog, well-known helper for Tory 'dirty jobs') is in any way a coincidence. 

I think what we've witnessed more than anything over the last 24 hours is senile dinosaur Livingstone blundering into a Crosby-laid heffalump trap. And fair play, it's worked a treat. BBC went with Ken over Hillsborough or doctor's strike for Question Time tonight. 

Edited by HanoiVillan
  • Like 2

36 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

The Goldsmith campaign has recently been sending letters to British Indians advising them to worry about the security of jewellery in their houses should Khan win, while also boasting about Goldsmith palling around with Narendra Modi (who at the very least demonstrated total indifference to an anti-Muslim pogrom that killed 1000 people while he ran Gujarat). That goes beyond anything they've done, said or suggested about Corbyn or McDonnell. 

Nor is 'well, they've done the same thing to other people before' particularly good as an excuse either come to that. 

Oh yeah, I remember hearing about that. I take your point there. That said, most people seem to be focusing on the attacks on Khan's links to extremists rather than what you just highlighted there and as I said I don't think there's anything racist about those attacks albeit sometimes they can seem a bit OTT.

I'm not trying to excuse it - just saying that I don't think that particular line of attack is racist because they do the exact same thing with other Labour politicians.

50 minutes ago, Mantis said:

Do you have any examples?

Without going through your entire posting history, no.

I'm not going to trawl through the 'Thatch got got me hard' thread just to find examples of where you quite clearly display bias towards the Tory party.

2 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

As my own non-scientific version of a political survey, on my commute through town I can take a tally of the number of party political posters in gardens and windows.

Traditionally, a drive through town would see nothing but labour, arrival at the first green lane would see the first blue conservative sign. At the last couple of elections, there have been Plaid and Tory green and blue signs in town, remarkable for their previous absence.

For the election coming up here on 5th May, I'd say blue signs and posters have a comfortable majority in town and a 100% stranglehold out in the Vale. We have received pamphlets through the door from Tory, Plaid and UKIP. No labour. 

I think Labour could be about to lose control here, I think they might be in a bit of a mess. Could be wrong, just a hunch based on junk mail and window posters.

I read an article earlier this week along the lines that Labour could take a hammering in the council elections  , I sorta dismissed it as I was lead to believe Joe Public liked Corbyn and his ideas to renationalise the railways and zillions of people had joined the Labour Party as a result .... Couple that with the nurses strike that "everyone " supports and Panama I'd have thought a labour landslide was inevitable 

so your unscientific survey begs the question ... Just how bad are labour right now ?

The same article also suggested Khan was a shoe in for London mayor by some landslide and that ironically as Khan dislikes Corbyn's policies  , will probably save Corbyns bacon ( it was a slightly longer article than that , supposedly Goldsmith is barely trying and doesn't want the job in the first place !!)

50 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

The Goldsmith campaign has recently been sending letters to British Indians advising them to worry about the security of jewellery in their houses should Khan win

Presumably you have a copy of this letter you could link to ?

edit - I found it online , the leaflet talks about a wealth tax on family jewellery ... Let's be honest that isn't really what you've said is it ?  Respectfully you've  made it appear as a race issue when it clearly isn't 

Edited by tonyh29

42 minutes ago, snowychap said:

I'm not going to trawl through the 'Thatch got got me hard' thread just to find examples of where you quite clearly display bias towards the Tory party.

Hang on a second, this wasn't about bias - I've never claimed to be an impartial observer.

Your original post however suggested that I would take "wild exception to negative aspersions". I'm asking for evidence of that, not mere bias.

Oh and by the way I'd never take "wild exception" to mere statements of facts, so if there was a Tory leader with connections to anti-Semites while not being anti-Semitic himself and somebody pointed that out I'd agree with them rather than take "wild exception".

Edited by Mantis

12 minutes ago, snowychap said:

So that's a No then ? 

You could have at least gone with "blandy"  defence and played it for laughs whilst not providing any evidence :P

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

1250.jpg?w=620&q=55&auto=format&usm=12&f

1200.jpg?w=620&q=55&auto=format&usm=12&f

My bad, 'leaflet' not 'letter'. 

I made an edit on my original post as you were posting so you may have missed it...

edit - I found it online , the leaflet talks about a wealth tax on family jewellery ... Let's be honest that isn't really what you've said is it ?  Respectfully you've  made it appear as a race issue when it clearly isn't

CdgXQ24XEAEtAjR.jpg

Leaflet specifically for Indians. Tories will get the police to keep your family home safe from burglary, labour will tax your jewellery and cannot get a deal from government to keep you safe.

I wonder what the USP's were on the other leaflets for other ethnic groups?

• Like 2

Just now, tonyh29 said:

I made an edit on my original post as you were posting so you may have missed it...

It's factionalism. I didn't say it was 'racist' quite carefully. 

Sending messages specifically to Indian voters claiming that Khan supports a 'wealth tax' on jewellery is pretty much making it a 'race issue' though, in your own words. The Mayor of London has absolutely no power to do any such thing, nor has Khan said he supports doing anything of the sort (which he couldn't do anyway). When pressed, the Goldsmith campaign's excuse for this was that John McDonnell has said he's in favour of a wealth tax, and jewellery falls under the remit of a wealth tax in France and India. This statement, then, which accuses Khan of favouring something he doesn't favour and has no power to implement, was targeted to a particular community, and that happened for a reason. 

The references to Khan 'not speaking up publicly for Tamils' and 'opposing a visit from Narendra Modi' are also at best half-truths and are clearly intended to stir up ethnic resentment. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

CdgXQ24XEAEtAjR.jpg

Leaflet specifically for Indians. Tories will get the police to keep your family home safe from burglary, labour will tax your jewellery and cannot get a deal from government to keep you safe.

I wonder what the USP's were on the other leaflets for other ethnic groups?

Tax your jewerlly wealth is not the same thing as "advising about the security of jewellery in their houses should Khan win"....USP or otherwise 

Khan an is openly campaigning as a British Muslim , you could argue that with 12% of Londons population being Muslim  all of his leaflets are trying to hammer this message home to an ethnic group ( for want of a better word ) ... Of course the risk is it could alienate more people than it attracts but I'd be very surprised if the Muslim line hadn't been focus grouped and calculated to try and bring home a block vote 

16 minutes ago, snowychap said:

Can you read other people's posts?

I refer you to the honourable blandy's previous comment concerning moi 

FFS - can't read, can't count :D

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Tax your jewerlly wealth is not the same thing as "advising about the security of jewellery in their houses should Khan win"....USP or otherwise 

Khan an is openly campaigning as a British Muslim , you could argue that with 12% of Londons population being Muslim  all of his leaflets are trying to hammer this message home to an ethnic group ( for want of a better word ) ... Of course the risk is it could alienate more people than it attracts but I'd be very surprised if the Muslim line hadn't been focus grouped and calculated to try and bring home a block vote 

'Khan is openly campaigning as a British Muslim'

I'm confused as to what this means. He is a British Muslim. However, I'm not aware of him producing Muslim-only materials stating half-truths and outright fictions about Goldsmith's relations with the Muslim community. If he has done so, please provide them and I'll criticise him on here for them. 

• Like 1

Â