PauloBarnesi

8 hours ago, MaVilla said:

they have the base of a very good team.

Kudus, Bowen, Paqueta, Alvarez and Ward-Prowse, very good players.

They just need to sort their defence, and get a proper striker.

And stop said players from leaving 

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

Ward Prowse has been found out at West Ham outside of his set pieces

This is very true and their fans don’t like him at all, along with Soucek.

I stumbled across their Claret and Booze podcast earlier this season when we were about to play them at home and still watch occasionally when bored. They absolutely despise Moyes and most of the team to be honest.

They desperately want Almiron in. 

I rate Lopetegui but he's a strange fit for West Ham. Basically be the same safety first style it was under Moyes.

Odd these clubs spend endless money on players and yet seemingly baulk at paying a 10m buyout clause for Ruben Amorim who'd be a more exciting appointment.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, MaVilla said:

they have the base of a very good team.

Kudus, Bowen, Paqueta, Alvarez and Ward-Prowse, very good players.

They just need to sort their defence, and get a proper striker.

Paqueta would be at Man. City now if the betting thing hadn't broken, has that even been sorted out yet? Kudus looked good first half of the season but really hasn't done much lately. Alvarez would be great for us.

JWP was on the bench yesterday so I think it's just been what you expected from his profile, decent pressing and set pieces but not much else.

Really strange to go for lopetgui, can’t see the fans wanting that appointment at all, similar style to Moyes without the certainty of results…..not sure he will last too long there. Also they bought in steidten from leverkusen a while back to get transfers in but I’m not sure players will be keen to join a team who play a less progressive style. Interesting time for them and think this one might not work out too well 

Classy as well for it all to come out before the end of the season.

He’ll probably have a paddy at some point, like he did at Wolves, and leave the day before the season starts.

Moyes wasn't going to last there despite the European cup win. West ham fans have some deluded notion that they're the Brazil of English football. They probably want big ange mate or Kevin Keegan as manager. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

He’ll probably have a paddy at some point, like he did at Wolves, and leave the day before the season starts.

He has form for these announcements. Spain sacked him days before World Cup

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jacketspuds said:

To be fair he'd been told and assured by Wolves that he'd have money to spend on players. Even before he signed for them. But then got told, "actually no we don't, we can't spend anything basically, work with what you got". He obviously felt he'd done what he could with the squad he had at the time, and decided to leave. Could be a very good signing for West Ham. I'm not sure they've really got the squad for his type of football though 🤔

• Like 1

5 hours ago, jimmygreaves said:

Moyes arguably the most successful manager in their history. Binned off. Mental.

Their fans have been historically delusional dating all the way back to the 1960s.  Always talking about the "West Ham way" and demanding stylish football.  Their heroes are players like Brooking, Devonshire, DiCanio - flair players who've actually won very little but produce "moments of magic" (maybe Stevie G would be a good fit for them?).  Brooking and Devonshire used to keep Mortimer and Cowans out of the England team - a period when England won the sum total of sweet fa, and failed to even qualify for major tournaments. 

They sacked Allardyce after he got them up and into European contention and are now doing the same with Moyes after he won a European trophy and solidified them as a premier league team.

They are the 4th/5th biggest club in.....London.  They make Spuds look like perennial world-beaters. 

When was the last time they won a trophy of any note before Moyes?  I think they won the FA Cup in the 80's maybe?  Not sure...

• Like 1

I'm conflicted over this. Undoubtedly Moyes has achieved loads at West Ham. To me, they're not a big club and will never be anything other than a team that makes up the numbers. To get them regular top half and a Euro medal is outstanding.

That being said, Moyes' teams are a hard watch, even when they've done well. Even if he could guarantee top flight football forever, I'd not want him at the Villa.

Lopetegui better hit the ground running, the fans will be all over him otherwise.

Genuine question - if Unai went to say Liverpool or bayern this summer and we got moyes in would anyone be happy? 

I'd be absolutely gutted 

Easy to main about the delusion of West ham fans but I wouldn't put up with his football, there's no joy in it 

And Fwiw O'Neil has done a better job with wolves than this new fella, again with the deluded West ham fans I don't think he's going to get them any better unless there's substantial investment 

Â