Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

Oulare to Watford is a loan deal. Not sure why we wouldn't have gone in for that if we are offering £1.5m to loan Gayle.

They're saying he's going to go for £5m, we don't have £5m

Says who?

Trying to get players on frees/loans. If we had the money we would spend it.

On who? Anyone?

What if the only striker we want now is being valued at £30m? We offer them £5m and say "this guy on VT says if we have the money we will be spending it, so you have to take this please"?

No to Oulare for me. An 18 year old who can't get a game in the Juniper League. The last thing I want today is another prospect. 

SSN still reporting Berbatov in the midlands as previously stated on here.

Prrsumably he would be signing of last resort, hanging around to see if we get anyone else in.

As a free agent, the transfer deadline doesn't apply, does it?

Correct, no rush to sign him

Perhaps this suggests we're using this as a way to conclude another deal? Bit like Lambert did with Dempsey?

Prrsumably he would be signing of last resort, hanging around to see if we get anyone else in.

I may be wrong, but I believe that now with the 25 man squad it is effectively the same situation for free agents. If we wait till after deadline for naming 25 man squad (which is usually a day or two after window closes) he wouldn't be able to be added to the list of 25 and couldn't play in league til Jan.

Edited by switters

The Trees tweeted that a private jet landed at BHX, which he believed Berbatov was on board, and that the jet left pretty quickly suggesting that Berbatov might be sticking around (in the midlands)

How can we be sure Berbatov got off the jet?

Maybe he took one look at the midlands and hijacked the plane to take him to sunnier climes?

• Like 1

The Trees tweeted that a private jet landed at BHX, which he believed Berbatov was on board, and that the jet left pretty quickly suggesting that Berbatov might be sticking around (in the midlands)

It seems he only assumes its berbatov. All we know is a private jet landed late last night and left quickly.

Yeah, could be Lescott flying in from West Brom

• Like 3

I may be wrong, but I believe that now with the 25 man squad it is effectively the same situation for free agents. If we wait till after deadline for naming 25 man squad (which is usually a day or two after window closes) he wouldn't be able to be added to the list of 25 and couldn't play in league til Jan.

If that's right then the biggest indication of players incoming is players outgoing - Baker's squad place for Lescott - so maybe it's a case of who's leaving for Adebayor/Berbatov? I don't know how many places we have spare, if any....  Thank goodness we're not loaning Januzaj, that would just confuse the issue.

No idea if Berbatov will happen and bigger doubts that he is what we need. I do think he would score some goals for us and get us wins and maybe that short term hit is what we need to take pressure of Gestede and Ayew.

Also with Berbatov and Cole in the squad Jack has everything he needs to complete his footballing education in the best possible way.

Edited by villaglint

I know this is to fill the free air, but the Mail put up an interesting piece in our history of deadline deals.

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villas-deadline-day-signings-9965105?

Some interesting ones in there. Thing that becomes most clear is that, for the very very occasional gem, we don't like deadline day.

Also a photo of Erik Bakke - I'd forgotten about him!

Oulare might not be ready to be our main striker, but at £5m he is a bargain. Eg De Bruyne rarely featured at Chelsea but they still made a profit.

I'd prefer austin as he is ready to play a full season in the PL. Him and lescott would make us a good team.

I know this is to fill the free air, but the Mail put up an interesting piece in our history of deadline deals.

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villas-deadline-day-signings-9965105?

Some interesting ones in there. Thing that becomes most clear is that, for the very very occasional gem, we don't like deadline day.

Also a photo of Erik Bakke - I'd forgotten about him!

We signed Gil and Sinclair in January? According to that we made no signings.