Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

There was a piece on Birmingham Mail site about us looking at Valdes as Besiktas have pulled out,would love this to be true.

Well, I imagine that would be enough of an upgrade to appease people!

Give me Lescott, Valdes and **** it, Charlie Austin and I'm happy. Anything less and we are going down and the roof of the Holte will cave in and we will all die and then go to heaven and find out God is a bluenose.

• Like 1

The thing with wages is that the Premier league is now head and shoulders above all but three clubs in Europe. Stoke can out pay AC Milan. The influence of the money that's here is enormous. Can we afford Valdes wages? Well we can afford to pay him more than all but about 20 teams in the world and lets face it a lot of those teams aren't interested in him.

Alan Nixon has tweeted that Derby will sign a Prem defender on loan and can't help but think it'll be Baker with Lescott seemingly coming in.

Wouldn't be a bad move for him (the way their season has started, he'll get plenty of defending to do!)

I would love Gomis but just can't see him leaving Swansea for us. Saying they didn't he almost leave for some random club a few weeks ago? Also reports of a 7m release fee

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/bafetimbi-gomis-7m-release-clause-9956307

Obviously he could reject a move but if we meet 7m clause.....

The thing with wages is that the Premier league is now head and shoulders above all but three clubs in Europe. Stoke can out pay AC Milan. The influence of the money that's here is enormous. Can we afford Valdes wages? Well we can afford to pay him more than all but about 20 teams in the world and lets face it a lot of those teams aren't interested in him.

Is this true? Clubs in eg Turkey, China, UAE etc seem to be able to offer fortunes these days. 

Is this true? Clubs in eg Turkey, China, UAE etc seem to be able to offer fortunes these days.

It's usually just to one or two players though isn't it, so guess it averages out somewhat.