Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

Berbatov will be 35 this year. I seriously doubt he'll be pulling up any trees if he did sign. He's past it at this level, well and truly. 

With the TV money coming in, its a bit tight of Lerner just to spend the Benteke, delph money. Sometimes though you have to think we are lucky he has even agreed to spend that.

Though there's know doubt we would do well with another 20 million, I even think it would guarantee us midtable.

Sorry didn't mean to quote!

Edited by foreveryoung

It's true though. Assuming we sign Lescott we are probably one quality striker away from having a solid mid-table team. I feel that we face another season of struggle if Lescott is our only signing this week.

It would be a big risk that I would not be surprised to see Lerner take.

5th highest spender yet one of the lowest in terms of net spend. If you would of told be our net spend would be less than £!0 million back in May I would of been worried

I did try to tell people when figures like £20m net spend were being banded around.

So TV, how much net spend do you envisage for us this summer transfer window?

appreciate we have let a lot of players leave including some on big wages such as Benteke, Bent and Vlaar. But I am wondering if the players that have come in are combined on more wages than what has left, being that most players that have left are Lambert signings who were meant to be on lower wages.

I have a feeling there is money there, but probably not money for both fees and wages until we hack off some more dead wood.

Edited by VillanousOne

There was a piece on Birmingham Mail site about us looking at Valdes as Besiktas have pulled out,would love this to be true.

That would be **** brilliant, honestly.

Wrong. The article says Víctor Vázquez.

I have no idea who he is...so it'll still be **** brilliant aha!

appreciate we have let a lot of players leave including some on big wages such as Benteke, Bent and Vlaar. But I am wondering if the players that have come in are combined on more wages than what has left, being that most players that have left are Lambert signings who were meant to be on lower wages.

I have a feeling there is money there, but probably not money for both fees and wages until we hack off some more dead wood.

I would guess just benteke, bent, given and delph freed up around £230,000 a week. With all the others going I'd be surprised if the wage bill was bigger.

There was a piece on Birmingham Mail site about us looking at Valdes as Besiktas have pulled out,would love this to be true.

That would be **** brilliant, honestly.

Wrong. The article says Víctor Vázquez.

I have no idea who he is...so it'll still be **** brilliant aha!

Haha!

Attacking midfielder I believe.

Sign a striker or open the relegation thread.

Yes because it really is that simple...

We've got to do what we've got to do. We've signed other players I'm sure we can manage striker.

We've got to do what we've got to do. We've signed other players I'm sure we can manage striker.

Not saying we shouldn't, I just think that's ridiculous logic.

Well we have signed two already, for what, 15 million quid ?

• Like 1

Well we have signed two already, for what, 15 million quid ?

We sold 2 for 35 million

I guess Lerner is just pocketing the TV money then, the word removed

Love it or hate it, I guess it's his entitlement...we do owe him a lot of money in loans unfortunately.  I know he wavered a lot, but I'm sure at some point he will be reimbursing himself where he can.

Unfortunately, it's a short sighted view I think he'd take and that will affect us long term.  Hopefully we've done enough already, as I don't see much smoke in terms of landing much else before the window shuts.