Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

I'd still like to see 2 or 3 more come in before the end of the window. Ideally a centre back, right winger and a striker. 

• Like 2

CB is a must for me. Move Richards to RB and our defence will be solid. Really hope the Balanta rumours are true.

Not sure on Adebayor now though. Might as well give Gestede and Ayew a chance and bring in a young high potential striker from somewhere. Would imagine the winger is Lennon, which i think would be good as he can be a menace. Saying that, has Demarai Gray gone anywhere yet?

CB is a must for me. Move Richards to RB and our defence will be solid. Really hope the Balanta rumours are true.

Not sure on Adebayor now though. Might as well give Gestede and Ayew a chance and bring in a young high potential striker from somewhere. Would imagine the winger is Lennon, which i think would be good as he can be a menace. Saying that, has Demarai Gray gone anywhere yet?

Signed a new deal at blues.
  • Like 1

Richards will not be moving to RB, his natural position is CB.

• Like 3

Richards did well yesterday, if he can continue like that he can keep the CB role.

• Like 4

Not much in the press or Twitter, guess we must be after another forward and winger. Looks like Traore will end up at Liverpool, just our luck.

Tim still has money to spend. Balanta, Austin and Lennon before the window closes would make me feel very content.

Not much in the press or Twitter, guess we must be after another forward and winger. Looks like Traore will end up at Liverpool, just our luck.

Tim still has money to spend. Balanta, Austin and Lennon before the window closes would make me feel very content.

Cant see us spending another £30m or so (7-10m+15m+5m). 

My prediction is that we'll get in one more permanent and one more loan. No idea at all as to who.

Not having Austin. 15m+ and 85k a week. Let WH or Newcastle pay silly money. As for Lennon at 28 and not the best deliverer of a ball from wide, anymore than 5m I would go back to continent and plunder again to bring in a winger. I think the CF and RW positions are vital though to add more strength as our right is now our weakest link imo. The CB position isn't as much as a priority at the moment unless Baker or Senderos do go on loan as come September Okore will be back and we also have Crespo who can fill in. . 

I'm content with Bacuna and Hutton as our right-back options for this season - good balance. Another centre-back will hopefully be added. It needn't be somebody who will automatically command a starting spot though as the Richards/Clark partnership deserves a chance.

Really we do need another central-midfielder. I mean if we are primarily playing a midfield-three, who do we have to compete with (and cover for) Gueye and Veretout? Gardner? Already crocked again and unproven at this level in any case.

I think Lennon could bring something to the squad, from the bench he can add impetus and urgency. He is direct. Would prefer a youngster but we have already allegedly tried for Ntep and Thauvin, and possibly Traore.

Austin is nailed on goals at this level. The press suggest £13m and the wages would be £65kpw not £85k. Ayew will need time evidently. Austin signing would make our forward line look strong for once.

Another attacking centre mid would be nice too. The club needs to spend, especially after the Sky windfall, we need to kick on and distance ourselves from the past 4 years debacles, £30m won't be much especially when Amavi and Gana are sold in the Summer!

We won't be interested in Austin, no point even thinking about it.

If we do get another striker, its not going to be a big money signing, there was a reason Adebayor was obviously on the radar and its largely to do with the 'value' he in his situation represents.

We aren't going to buy someone for big money now, IMO. If we do spend significant cash before the window shuts, it'll be spread across a couple of players. Personally I think we might sign another for a fairly small fee and then look at loans or frees to plug any gaps.

Sadly I don't think any of this will see us sign a CB.

Ian Taylor tweeted we were in for another centre-back about a week ago. I think we will bring another one in and loan Baker out.

Baker going out on loan? If not we don't need a cb!

We need a CB whether Baker goes out on loan or not. The guy is an absolute liability. The worst bit of business we've done so far this summer is extending his contract.

CB and an out-and-out striker, realistically a young and somewhat unproven player with lots of potential, and I'd be satisfied. I'd be ecstatic if we got a good CB and move Richards to RB too, I think that'd be a really strong back four which we haven't had for the longest time now, but he didn't come here to play RB unfortunately.

Ian Taylor tweeted we were in for another centre-back about a week ago. I think we will bring another one in and loan Baker out.

I can't see Baker being loaned out, IIRC Tim's comments when he signed the new contract seemed to suggest he wanted to work closely with Baker to improve him.

So with Richards in to be a CB, Clark, Okore when he's fit, and Baker, together with Crespo able to cover there if needs be (no doubt he will) I don't think we'll get one. I'd be far far happier if we did though so hopefully Taylor is on to something.

It looks like Lennon has legs and we're clearly keen on another striker, the goalkeeper rumours keep rumbling on and we could easily strengthen at RB... 2 or 3 out of those and we'll have had a decent window.