Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

GK: Guzan, Bunn, Steer

DF: Amavi, Richards, Baker, Okore, Clark, Senderos, Richardson, Bennett, Cissokho, Hutton

MF: Gueye, Bacuna, Cole, Westwood, Gardner, Sanchez, Gil, Nzogbia, Sinclair

ST: Agbonlahor, Kozak.

24 players.

Add Ayew & Adebayor - thats 26

Youth players dont count. eg Grealish, Sellars etc

That defence is total garbage the centre halfs are just not upto it richards is a rb okore and clark are ok but baker and senderos are terrible. I think neglecting the defence would be a major mistake we need to get quality from front to back.

Senderos was one of our best players before he got hurt

Senderos was a relative rock in a shocking side.  It would be like retaining a Mongol barbarian to fight in World War 2.

Edited by Shomin Geki
  • Like 1

DF: Amavi, Richards, Baker, Okore, Clark, Senderos, Richardson, Bennett, Cissokho, Hutton

24 players.

Tonev and Gil?

Gil is there between Sanchez and Zog

youre right about Tonev though, I guess he's so bad my subconscious just wanted to forget him :blink:

I think Donacien is past the under 21 cut off by a month. And Amavi is under so will not be to be included. Still means we have full 25 at present so one out for every one in.

The policy of purchasing French speaking players is a very interesting one, not sure it's a coincidence.

We've had issues in the past where we've signed French players but they've usually suffered from homesickness or whatever. Signing a bunch at once might help them settle down quickly.

N'Zog can show them around the relaxation areas to help them settle in

The policy of purchasing French speaking players is a very interesting one, not sure it's a coincidence.

We've had issues in the past where we've signed French players but they've usually suffered from homesickness or whatever. Signing a bunch at once might help them settle down quickly.

Sherwood will sort them out.

1st day of training "Bon Jewer mon petite slags"

• Like 4

Being linked with another french player on Twitter, no idea of this player

@AleeexLemaire: Gervais a tout compris, il attend simplement une offre de 20M€ d'Aston Villa pour Loic Landre. #TeamLens

24 players.

That defence is total garbage the centre halfs are just not upto it richards is a rb okore and clark are ok but baker and senderos are terrible. I think neglecting the defence would be a major mistake we need to get quality from front to back.

Baker was much better last season and until he got injured Senderos was probably our best player. My only concern is the fitness as apart from Clark they have all had injury issues. If you think Senderos and Baker were terrible when they played then you must have had your eyes closed

Being linked with another french player on Twitter, no idea of this player

@AleeexLemaire: Gervais a tout compris, il attend simplement une offre de 20M€ d'Aston Villa pour Loic Landre. #TeamLens

20m euros would be a lot for a Ligue 2 player

24 players.

Senderos was one of our best players before he got hurt

I agree - I also think he will start when fit

..........................................Guzan..........................................

Hutton..............Senderos...............Clark......................Amavi

Or

..........................................Guzan..........................................

................Richards..........Senderos.........Clark......................

Bacuna.........................................................................Amavi

Senderos is vocal, experienced and a good organiser and the kind of guidance required by Clark/ Richards/ Okore/ Baker(Although I think he will be sold - an oil tanker can turn quicker than Baker)

Senderos spent more than 80% of last season injured, and since returning to fitness has mostly been playing with the U21's as far as I can see. I think he's pretty much Sherwood's number 1 priority for getting rid of, or possibly 2 behind Cissokho. He's also a decade older than Baker, has £0 resale value and very little upside. 

Baker improved a huge amount last season. He should be closer to the squad than Senderos, and I think he will be, though if he isn't it's because he's sold while no-one will take Senderos off our hands. 

That 2m offer has to be a delayed April fools joke.

Not sure about Rudy 8m? Think that is really over valuing the player

he got nearly same amount of goals as his strike partner last season and he is going for 14 million :o

just saw Watford looking at Gestede now

24 players.

Baker was much better last season and until he got injured Senderos was probably our best player. My only concern is the fitness as apart from Clark they have all had injury issues. If you think Senderos and Baker were terrible when they played then you must have had your eyes closed

Look who we have signed. Baker is not Premier League and shouldn't be in our squad. Would suit Championship. Not to disrespect him, he is a battler, but the way he gets injured nearly every game is very amateur and is proof of his qualities.