Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

As it stands Jordan Ayew would be the 25th man in our squad. 

I seriously doubt it, a number of the young players won't count.

Theres only Grealish in our senior squad who wouldnt count.. and i didnt count him in my list.

Theres only Grealish in our senior squad who wouldnt count.. and i didnt count him in my list.

Sorry, not convinced.

GK: Guzan, Bunn, Steer

DF: Amavi, Richards, Baker, Okore, Clark, Senderos, Richardson, Bennett, Cissokho, Hutton 

MF: Gueye, Bacuna, Cole, Westwood, Gardner, Sanchez, Gil, Nzogbia, Sinclair

ST: Agbonlahor, Kozak.

24 players.

Add Ayew & Adebayor - thats 26

Youth players dont count. eg Grealish, Sellars etc

• Like 1

Sorry, not convinced.

Who else is under 21?

For U21 what date is the cut off? Amavi is only just 21 I thought it started at the beginning of the year so he'd be ok this season. Also we won't have 4 lb's in final squad. We many have over age players it doesn't mean they'll be in the squad.

Edited by dn1982

I did say in my original post i expect 2 of Cissokho Richardson and Bennett to leave.. But that would only leave one spot then (2 depending on Amavis age) 

DF: Amavi, Richards, Baker, Okore, Clark, Senderos, Richardson, Bennett, Cissokho, Hutton 

24 players.

Not disputing any of those names, just disputing some of those will be in the squad even if we can't shift them. 

There is absolutely no chance we will include 4 LB's in the 25 squad being realistic is there.

• Like 1

24 players.

It's an interesting point and not one that I'd thought about. 

I doubt it will seriously impact our purchasing of players though. Amavi qualifies as a youth I think, one or two of those will move on, and we can loan people out as necessary as well. I don't think we're in a sell to buy situation by any means. 

• Like 1

24 players.

Not disputing any of those names, just disputing some of those will be in the squad even if we can't shift them. 

There is absolutely no chance we will include 4 LB's in the 25 squad being realistic is there.

Wasn't that the original point? Who is going to be left out? Cole and Gardner will be amongst them I'd bet...

The underlying point I'm trying to make is don't expect many more signings. 1 or 2 at most.

Media seems to be linking us with 8 or so players and judging by comments on last few pages, fans are expecting an influx of players still to come. 

This leaves room for no more signings, unless there's more exits. Adebayor would be the 26th man.

Which is why I think Kozak would be allowed to leave, personally like to see him stay for at least one season.

We have 4 left backs on the book so expect to see 2 of Richardson, Cissokho and Bennett to go.

Looking at the squad I cant see anyone else leaving.

After Ayew and Adebayor, I don't expect any more signings. Besides its never a good thing to have too many changes in one go, so I for one will be happy with the window, and its looking like we will have done all our business before end of July (shock horror).

Another Bomb squad will probably be formed, think we will struggle to shift a lot of these players.

Richardson is an ok squad player for now, I wouldn't get rid just because of his versatility. It's been reported Sherwoods a fan of Bennett, which isn't good news.

24 players.

Wasn't that the original point? Who is going to be left out? Cole and Gardner will be amongst them I'd bet...

No not really the original point is below and states we can only sign one more player unless there is some exits. Which is not only probably incorrect due to Amavi but quite clearly some of those included in that 25 won't be in the 25.

Plus as pointed out already it doesn't stop us signing people or excluding some from the squad.

This leaves room for no more signings, unless there's more exits. Adebayor would be the 26th man.