Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

GK: Guzan, Bunn, Steer

DF: Amavi, Richards, Baker, Okore, Clark, Senderos, Richardson, Bennett, Cissokho, Hutton 

MF: Gueye, Bacuna, Cole, Westwood, Gardner, Sanchez, Gil, Nzogbia, Sinclair

ST: Agbonlahor, Kozak.

24 players.

Add Ayew & Adebayor - thats 26

Youth players dont count. eg Grealish, Sellars etc

Not disputing any of those names, just disputing some of those will be in the squad even if we can't shift them. 

There is absolutely no chance we will include 4 LB's in the 25 squad being realistic is there.

Wasn't that the original point? Who is going to be left out? Cole and Gardner will be amongst them I'd bet...

Steer probably go on loan so that be one. Cissokho, Senderos and Zogbia be at risk from them players

• Like 1

Plus as pointed out already it doesn't stop us signing people or excluding some from the squad.

Or more than likely head off on loan last minute on deadline day......Agreed it won't stop any recruitment though. It feels like there is a big more urgency re: bringing in players at the moment

Plus as pointed out already it doesn't stop us signing people or excluding some from the squad.

Or more than likely head off on loan last minute on deadline day......Agreed it won't stop any recruitment though. It feels like there is a big more urgency re: bringing in players at the moment

Its a balancing act and I'd imagine more than a little brinkmanship is involved.

Sherwood before he took a vow of silence made comments about some players reluctance to move on from VP because of the facilities, wages etc. 

I would imagine seeing players arrive, particularly in direct competition for your place and the threat of being omitted from the 25 rather sharpens the focus and prompts calls to agents and a more open mind to a move.

Its the step before training with the kids.

• Like 2

In an ideal world

GK: Guzan, Bunn, Steer (Out: Guzan, In: Ospina)

DF: Amavi, Richards, Baker, Okore, Clark, Senderos, Richardson, Bennett, Cissokho, Hutton (Out: Baker, Bennett, Cissokho, In: Williams)

MF: Gueye, Bacuna, Cole, Westwood, Gardner, Sanchez, Gil, Nzogbia, Sinclair (Out: Cole, N'Zogbia, In: Cambiasso, Rosicky, Praet)

ST: Agbonlahor, Kozak. (In: Ayew, Dzeko(I can dream)/Adeybayor)

• Like 1

The Sun are claiming that we're closing in a a triple woop for Ayew, Cambiasso and Rudy Gestede.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/6558194/Villa-close-in-on-trio.html?CMP=spklr-_-Editorial-_-TWITTER-_-TheSunFootball-_-20150724-_-Sport-_-213397948

ASTON VILLA are on the verge of a treble swoop for Esteban Cambiasso, Rudy Gestede and Jordan Ayew.
Tim Sherwood held talks with Leicester midfielder Cambiasso, 34, on Thursday to convince the veteran to snub a potential move to West Ham.

The rest is behind a paywall.

• Like 1

The Sun are claiming that we're closing in a a triple woop for Ayew, Cambiasso and Rudy Gestede.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/6558194/Villa-close-in-on-trio.html?CMP=spklr-_-Editorial-_-TWITTER-_-TheSunFootball-_-20150724-_-Sport-_-213397948

ASTON VILLA are on the verge of a treble swoop for Esteban Cambiasso, Rudy Gestede and Jordan Ayew.

Tim Sherwood held talks with Leicester midfielder Cambiasso, 34, on Thursday to convince the veteran to snub a potential move to West Ham.

The rest is behind a paywall.

I'd be very happy with that.

• Like 1

Trouble is you cant just dump players, hoping they will move on and then just get them to train with the kids if they refuse.

If you cant get buyers or loan deals for them, you will be stuck with players on large money not taking part throughout the season.

We will have a wage budget as well as a transfer fee budget, makes sense to create the space in your squad before getting the replacements in.

It does give hope though that the likes of Joe Cole and Nzogbia get pushed on. Plus I dont think we need 5 centre backs, so can see Senderos moving on too.

When I hear 'triple swoop' I get a little bit excited although I don't really want Gestede as I would prefer Kozak to be given a chance.  Surely if we sign Gestede and Adebayor that would spell the end for Libor?  

Trouble is you cant just dump players, hoping they will move on and then just get them to train with the kids if they refuse.

If you cant get buyers or loan deals for them, you will be stuck with players on large money not taking part throughout the season.

We will have a wage budget as well as a transfer fee budget, makes sense to create the space in your squad before getting the replacements in.

It does give hope though that the likes of Joe Cole and Nzogbia get pushed on. Plus I dont think we need 5 centre backs, so can see Senderos moving on too.

Only you can dump players. You can leave players out of the squad and loan them out, we did it last season.

The sort of players that we would potentially leave out won't be on huge wages and at least a proportion of them would be picked up by clubs taking them on. 

Sure we've a wages budget but so far this summer I think its fair to say we've reduced our wage bill quite considerably to date, I'm sure we can easily afford to pay someone like Bennett's or Gardner's wages all year with them outside the squad. Only it wouldn't happen because they'd go on loan.

• Like 1

Yes looks like we still have to get rid of one or two. Players like richardson and Cole should be surplus to requirements. 

Richardson will stay as I forgot he can cover central midfield. Bit of a nonentity in there but useful if we have an injury crisis.

Hit list has to be Cole, Senderos, Bennett and Cissokho for me. Just don't see how any of them will play any serious minutes this season.

For U21 what date is the cut off? Amavi is only just 21 I thought it started at the beginning of the year so he'd be ok this season. Also we won't have 4 lb's in final squad. We many have over age players it doesn't mean they'll be in the squad.

Cut off is 1st Jan the year the season starts. I don't know whether this means it's ok to be 21 on 01/01/15 or whether you have to be 20 or under.