Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

I'd say 2 quality Strikers, Adebayor and Ayew would be fine here.  1 midfielder, Cambiasso. 1 centre back, need a quality signing especially if we sell Senderos or Baker.  I'm happy enough to see how Guzan gets on in goal this season but his kicking will undoubtedly let us down too much.  Hopefully him getting dropped last season will lead to him improving his game and getting back to the form of a few seasons ago.

GK:  Guzan, Bunn, Steer

DF:  Hutton. Bacuna, Richards, Clark, Okore, Amavi(U21), Richardson, Cissokho, Baker/Senderos. + New centre back

MF: Sanchez, Westwood, Gardner, Gueye, Cole, Grealish(U21), Gil, N'Zogbia. + Cambiasso

ST:  Kozak, Gabby, Sinclair, + Adebayor and Ayew.

Youth Players :  Robinson, Calder, Donacien, Kinsella, Sellars, Mason.

I'd be happy with a 25 man squad looking like that.

Edited by Bunnski
  • Like 1

With the way Benteke and Delph have left. I just don't seem to care anymore. I look at fans constantly bickering over what rivals have payed for players like its so important. Trying to get a dig in wherever they can. Especially Arsenal, Liverpool and United fans. Some call it banter, I'm finding it all quite sad.

Am I losing my passion for the game?

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

Thing is that is football manager have v stuff at this stage surely? To basically buy the majority of a team starting 2 weeks before the season starts? It isn't going to happen is it? Regardless of flee need for it. I'm hoping for 2 strikers and a very good midfielder. Then I hope Sherwood will have a gk and a cb ready for jsnuary. The hope is that will get is through the season for me. Does anyone see us signing 5-6 first team players in the next few weeks honestly?

Cambiasso would play as the holding-midfielder in the three you'd think. So even if he signs then we need another midfielder to replace Delph (or Cleverley).

I think we need someone like Praet too.

Grealish doesn't need to be named in the 25, does he?

In that case, Zogbia sneaks into the squad but him being replaced by Praet would be much better.  

Strangest transfer window ever.

Because we actually signed players who look decent?

That, as well as the Delph fiasco, the drawn out Benteke departure to a non-contending club, the looming takeover possibility, and now this snafu with Ayew.

• Like 1

Unless this thread becomes insanely busy in the next week or so you may wanna get the relegation thread set up!

or the Champions League thread. at moment we are in an automatic position

Unless this thread becomes insanely busy in the next week or so you may wanna get the relegation thread set up!

Don't be so bloody positive - you'll ruin it for some on here.

Remember second place is the first loser.

• Like 2

Remember second place is the first loser.
There you go told ya!

With the way Benteke and Delph have left. I just don't seem to care anymore. I look at fans constantly bickering over what rivals have payed for players like its so important. Trying to get a dig in wherever they can. Especially Arsenal, Liverpool and United fans. Some call it banter, I'm finding it all quite sad.

Am I losing my passion for the game?

Oh, I have massive sympathy for you friend.  I leave the macho screwface talk to the amateurs.  Yeah, it stinks, but we can remain clean.  Be the change you wish to see, and all that.  In my experience this feeling passes, but admittedly my passion isn't what it was.  But, hey, this **** summer, man...

I'll do my best to try and keep the good end up.

• Like 1