Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

Unless this thread becomes insanely busy in the next week or so you may wanna get the relegation thread set up!

or the Champions League thread. at moment we are in an automatic position
Don't be so bloody positive - you'll ruin it for some on here.

Remember second place is the first loser.
Not trying to be pedantic here but shouldn't we be 3rd because of AFC Bournemouth?

Edit: Some tables have us in 3rd but most have us 2nd. Depends if they use the full name. Sorry.

Unless this thread becomes insanely busy in the next week or so you may wanna get the relegation thread set up!

Not trying to be pedantic here but shouldn't we be 3rd because of AFC Bournemouth?

Edit: Some tables have us in 3rd but most have us 2nd. Depends if they use the full name. Sorry.

Harris out [emoji6]
  • Like 2

still automatic Champions League ;)

As of today if I was picking a Villa team with the assumption that everyone was fit and not suspended (which more often than not they will not all be) I might go something like:

Guzan, Hutton, Richards, Clark, Amavi, Gueye, Westwood, Sanchez, Sinclair, Grealish  & Gabby.

That would leave say Bunn, Okore, Baker, Senderos, Richardson, Cissokho, Bacuna, Cole, Gil, Gardner, N'Zogbia & Kozak to choose a bench from. Of those I think Okore, Baker, Bacuna, Richardson, Gil, Gardner & Kozak would now present the stronger challenges for a starting place. 

For me that demonstrates that we have a great deal of work still to be done in this transfer window if we are to approach the new season with confidence that we will not be in another relegation battle.

I would think that will require a minimum of 2 more forwards and a midfield player which we will need the profit on player trading so far to pay for along with possibly a little bit extra although 6 rather than 3 new players (including possibly a couple of loan signings) would be better.

I trust Tim and his team to be able to do what is needed but I still have concerns that our "custodian" will fail to make sufficient funds available to allow them to do so and will again prefer to gamble on our top flight status. I look forward to our "custodian" acting like one in the coming weeks. 

Amavi, Gueye, Ayew....they will need a season to bed in. It is going to be a long and hard season...#BringBackBenteke....

Will they? Benteke didn't...

Edited by PieFacE

I think they'll all hit the ground running. Amavi needs to work on his fitness a bit, but he even insinuates in an interview in his thread that training at Nice was more "tactics" where as under Sherwood it's fitness, fitness and more fitness with no time for a breather. So i think they will all do well. Sherwood is clearly buying in players that based on what he's seen of them will fit his philosophy and tactics for the season.

• Like 1

I think they'll all hit the ground running. Amavi needs to work on his fitness a bit, but he even insinuates in an interview in his thread that training at Nice was more "tactics" where as under Sherwood it's fitness, fitness and more fitness with no time for a breather. So i think they will all do well. Sherwood is clearly buying in players that based on what he's seen of them will fit his philosophy and tactics for the season.

That's a little disconcerting.

Amavi, Gueye, Ayew....they will need a season to bed in. It is going to be a long and hard season...#BringBackBenteke....

Will they? Benteke didn't...

Sanchez, Petrov, Tonev :P, etc... you know the drill...

• Like 1