Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

Just had a look at the free agents and there are some interesting names there who can play CM: Cambiasso, Aquilani, Muntari and Gourcuff who plays attacking mid. Any of those you'd take?

Hmmm... Probably only Cambiasso to be honest, tempted by Aquilani but I think with his kind of game he'd be limited now because of his age. Perhaps could do a job though.

Edited by alreadyexists

Surprised nobody has mentioned Ashley Young yet. There's an article in The Independent saying we want him back.

Personally I'd take him back in a heartbeat even after his Olympic diving performances against us.

• Like 1

I agree re Young, he undoubtedly still has ability and talent, if his wages were ok then I'd love to see him in claret and blue again. I have a feeling he'll do a big money retirement move though... Maybe la liga or something.

• Like 1

Surprised nobody has mentioned Ashley Young yet. There's an article in The Independent saying we want him back.

Personally I'd take him back in a heartbeat even after his Olympic diving performances against us.

Would definitely have him back, on the right wages, but the articles i've read seem to just be conjecture based on Young having a year left on his contract and we have loads of money from Benteke. Can't see it happening.

I agree re Young, he undoubtedly still has ability and talent, if his wages were ok then I'd love to see him in claret and blue again. I have a feeling he'll do a big money retirement move though... Maybe la liga or something.

Maybe Everton? It is a retirement home for many ex manure players.

Any more solid news on Cambiasso? Seems to be gathering pace on Twitter, and I've seen a few unhappy Leicester fans tweeting about it. Not going to take Twitter news as gospel though, obviously.  

Look a few pages back he was mentioned a lot

Just had a look at the free agents and there are some interesting names there who can play CM: Cambiasso, Aquilani, Muntari and Gourcuff who plays attacking mid. Any of those you'd take?

Hmmm... Probably only Cambiasso to be honest, tempted by Aquilani but I think with his kind of game he'd be limited now because of his age. Perhaps could do a job though.

Aquilani? He was crap at Liverpool, his game is not suited to the premier league

I doubt Young would want to come back in any case. I suspect he will want to stay where he is and either play out the last year of his contract or sign another one with them.

When he does leave he will go to the club that makes him the best offer. Should that be us given his age, lack of sell-on value and that it is rare for players to do as well on their return to a former club as they did before leaving? Not for me.     

Look a few pages back he was mentioned a lot

Aquilani? He was crap at Liverpool, his game is not suited to the premier league
Sorry I must have missed that somehow.

Cambiasso and Gourcuff, but only if we got rid of Cole as he's another talented sick note.

Muntari is past it even at 30, he wants $s, and I feel Aquilani would struggle back in the Prem.

Maybe Everton? It is a retirement home for many ex Villa  players.

fixed for ya ;)